Air Force Offers John Tyler’s Braylon Jones
One of East Texas' top recruits in the 2016 class picked up his second Division I FBS offer Thursday when John Tyler defensive tackle Braylon Jones received an invitation from Air Force.
John Tyler coach Ricklan Holmes announced this offer on his personal Twitter account.
Jones (6-3, 275) is the third recruit from the area's 2016 class to have multiple offers, joining Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones and Frankston wide receiver Kendrick Rogers.
Braylon Jones received his first offer from Navy on April 30, and Air Force followed suit after visiting John Tyler's campus on Thursday morning.
The Lions' force up front possesses all the skills necessary to become a top-flight national recruit. His frame, strength and unusual attention to detail make him a perfect candidate to fit at the next level.
Braylon Jones is the first East Texas recruit in either the 2015 or 2016 class to receive an offer from Air Force, which competes in the Mountain West Conference. The Falcons are in a rebuilding phase after going 2-10 and 0-8 in league play last season.
The Lions' DT enjoyed breakout success as a sophomore, finishing with 61 tackles, eight for loss, 2.5 sacks and one fumble recovery on his way to earning ETSN.fm Super Team Defensive Newcomer of the Year honors.
He is one of many returning players from last's 7-4 bi-district finalist squad. JT will compete in the new District 16-5A this fall along with Corsicana, Ennis, Jacksonville, Lindale, Lufkin, Nacogdoches and Whitehouse.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Travon Fuller, ATH, Athens, 6-0, 160 – offer from Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, Houston, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Washington State (17)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 275 – offers from Air Force, Navy (2)
- Corey Lane, S, Nacogdoches, 5-11, 185 – offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offer from North Texas, SMU (2)