Arizona State Offers Henderson Receiver Trestan Ebner
Trestan Ebner now has an option in each of college football's five most powerful conferences thanks to a college football opportunity Thursday from Arizona State of the Pac-12.
The Sun Devils joined competing entities from the Atlantic Coast, Big Ten, Big 12 and Southeastern conferences in addition to other schools in other conferences across the nation. Ebner, a junior receiver, reported the latest offer through his personal Twitter account.
Ebner (5-11, 180) helped Henderson to a 7-3 finish in 2015, but his squad missed the playoffs due to the combination of games it lost within District 9-4A Division I. However, Henderson closed the year with a bang by defeating a Kilgore team that had already clinched the league championship.
Arizona State, based in the Phoenix suburb of Tempe, Ariz., previously expressed interest in Hooks athlete Montrell Estell. Estell committed to Texas last week.
Coached by Todd Graham, the Sun Devils went 6-6 in the regular season and finished fourth of six teams in the Pac-12's South Division last year. The season ended with a convincing win against West Virginia in the Cactus Bowl.
It was a fairly below average season for the program.
In 2014, Arizona State posted a 9-3 regular season record and won the Sun Bowl to finish the year ranked 12th in the Associated Press poll. The 2013 Sun Devils team reached the Pac-12 championship game and made a Holiday Bowl appearance afterward.
Arizona State has reached 28 bowl games in total and has produced 18 consensus All-Americans through its 118 years of competition.
Ebner, like all high school football prospects currently in their junior year, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Memphis, Navy, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM, UTSA, Wyoming (13)
- Noah Bush, Athens, LB, 6-2, 225 — offer from Army (1)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Colorado State, Houston, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Texas, Ole Miss, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Texas A&M, Tulsa (18)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (7)
- Ted Fuller, Harleton, RB, 5-11, 195 — offer from ULM (1)
- Austin Hawley, Gladewater, DB, 6-1, 200 — offer from ULM (1)
- Kollin Hurt, Gilmer, DB, 6-3, 175 — offers from Louisiana Tech, ULM (2)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, Navy, SMU, Tulane, ULL (6)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Houston, Kansas, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offers from Arkansas State, Colorado State, Houston, Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM, UTSA (11)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — committed to UTSA; additional offers from Arkansas State, Houston, Memphis, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, ULL, ULM (10)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offers from Arkansas State, Texas State, ULM (3)
- Makyle Sanders, Tyler Lee, S, 6-1, 177 — offers from Memphis, Navy (2)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 6-0, 170 — offers from Air Force, Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, Memphis, New Mexico, North Texas, Purdue, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, Tulane, Tulsa, ULL, ULM, UTSA (16)
- D’Torian Smith, Tatum, LB, 6-3, 225 — offer from Air Force (1)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (12)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 182 — offered by Arkansas State, Colorado State, Houston, Kansas, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, Missouri, North Texas, Ohio, Oklahoma State, SMU, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane, ULM, Utah, UTSA, Washington State, Wyoming (21)
- Traveion Webster, Longview, S, 6-0, 197 — offered by ULM (1)