Arizona State Offers Mineola’s Anderson Twins
Mineola's twin offensive tackles are now up to 17 offers.
Riley Anderson (6-5, 287) reported an offer from Arizona State via his Twitter account Wednesday evening and Austin Anderson (6-4, 289) followed a few hours later. Together, they're inching closer to Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones' 2016 class leading 36 offers.
All 34 combined offers between the two tackles have come in a 33-day span.
The Sun Devils' invitation is the Andersons first from a Pac-12 school. Arizona State joins three Big 12 teams, two SEC programs and Northwestern from the Big Ten Conference in the chase.
The program went 10-3 overall and 6-3 in league play with a Sun Bowl victory against Duke at the end of the year.
Todd Graham, a former Texas high school football head coach, is entering his fourth season in Tempe, Ariz., and has a 28-12 coaching record through three seasons. The program reached the Pac-12 Championship Game in 2013 and has been to a bowl game in each of his three years at the helm.
Graham got his coaching start at Mesquite Poteet High School in the late 1980s as an assistant. He then went north of the border into Oklahoma as a defensive coordinator for East Central University before becoming the head coach of Carl Albert High School in Midwest City, Okla.
He returned to Texas in 1995 as the head coach at Allen and remained there until after the 2000 season. He entered the Division I ranks as a linebackers coach at West Virginia in 2001.
Prior to Arizona State, Graham served as head coach for the Rice, Tulsa and Pittsburgh programs.
The Andersons are the second and third players in the region with a Sun Devils offer. Jones also is on the staff's wish list.
The twins will return to Mineola for their senior campaign before becoming eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
Mineola reached the Class 3A Division I championship game last season. It returns all of its offensive backfield, key pieces of a strong secondary and the majority of its offensive line aside from the brothers.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (17)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (17)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (36)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (3)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offer from North Texas, SMU (2)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offer from Kansas (1)