Arkansas State Offers Carthage’s Dewaylon Ingram + Henderson’s Keivie Rose
Arkansas State has been busy recruiting East Texas this spring, and on Wednesday, the Red Wolves offered two local prospects.
Carthage 2018 receiver Dewaylon Ingram and Henderson 2019 defensive end Keivie Rose announced via Twitter that they were both offered by Arkansas State.
— Dewaylon (@DewaylonIngram) May 17, 2017
I want to thank God for my 5th offer from ARKANSAS STATE !!! ⚫️ pic.twitter.com/imECVk5DD4
— keiviekaze (@kiinggk) May 17, 2017
For Ingram (6-0, 160), it was his first Division I FBS scholarship offer; he was previously offered by FCS member Abilene Christian. He is the 18th player in East Texas’ 2018 recruiting class with at least one FBS offer.
Rose (6-4, 220) now has four FBS opportunities. Arkansas State joined Florida Atlantic, SMU, and Tulane as early suitors for Henderson’s incoming junior.
Ingram was the leading the receiver for Carthage’s 2016 Class 4A Division I state championship team. He caught 61 passes for 977 yards and nine touchdowns, including four receptions with 67 yards and a TD in the 31-17 state title game win over Abilene Wylie.
The Bulldogs’ receiver is one of three current Carthage players with FBS offers. Keaontay Ingram, a four-star 2018 running back, and 2020 ATH Kelvontay Dixon are the other two.
Carthage has several other potential 2018 Division I recruits, including linebackers Ahmad Brown and Mykel Gates and cornerback Mekhi Colbert.
Rose recorded 12 tackles last season, including two for loss. He also recovered two fumbles.
While his numbers don’t pop out on the stat sheet, at 6-foot-4 and 220 pounds, colleges like where he is at the size standpoint so early in his career. With a lot of Henderson depth wiped off the board due to upcoming graduations, Rose should have a much larger role in future seasons.
Rose and the rest of the returning letter winners, including 2018 quarterback and Division I recruit Trae Hall, will represent a Henderson program that might have been the state’s best to not win the Class 4A Division I title last season. District foe Carthage won the grand prize a few weeks after beating Henderson by two points in the third round of the postseason.
Henderson defeated Carthage during district play toward a 9-1 regular season record.
Arkansas State currently has seven offers out to East Texans in the 2018 class. The Red Wolves, members of the Sun Belt Conference, are coached by Blake Anderson and coming off an 8-5 season in 2016, defeating Central Florida, 31-13, in the Cure Bowl.
Dewaylon Ingram, like all college football prospects currently in their sophomore year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in December of 2018. Rose, meanwhile, is eligible in December of 2019.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Texas State, Tulane, ULL (7)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Colorado State, Florida Atlantic, Georgia State, Houston, Iowa State, New Mexico, North Texas, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Tulane, ULL, Virginia (17)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offers from Arkansas State, Army, Memphis, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane, ULL, ULM, Wyoming (12)
- Drake Centers, Tatum, OL, 6-4, 295 — offers from SMU, Texas State (2)
- Kylar Cooks, Liberty-Eylau, OL, 6-5, 250 — offers from Arkansas State, North Texas, Texas State (3)
- Kris Dike, Van, OL, 6-6, 283 — offers from Colorado, Houston, North Texas, Oklahoma State, SMU, TCU, Tulane (7)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-2, 215 — committed to Houston; additional offers from Mississippi State, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL (6)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offers from Florida Atlantic, New Mexico State, Tulane, ULL, ULM (5)
- Conner Henson, Harmony, OL, 6-4, 250 — offers from ULL, ULM (2)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, OL, 6-3, 340 — committed to LSU; additional offers from Arizona, Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Rice, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech (16)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — committed to Kansas; additional offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Florida Atlantic, Houston, Iowa State, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Memphis, Nevada, North Texas, Oklahoma State, Southern Miss, Tulsa (14)
- Dewaylon Ingram, Carthage, WR, 6-0, 160 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Florida State, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, LSU, Memphis, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Oregon State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, UTSA (27)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- Kameron King, Marshall, OL, 6-3, 270 — offers from North Texas, Tulane (2)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, S, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kansas, Kansas State, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (30)
- Jonathan Shepherd, Kilgore, WR, 6-3, 196 — offers from Colorado State, Florida Atlantic, Houston, Kansas State, ULM, New Mexico, Memphis, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech (13)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — committed to Washington State; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, Memphis, Oklahoma State, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, Wyoming (12)
2019 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Jade Ashalintubbi, Elysian Fields, OL, 6-6, 331 —offers from Tulsa, ULM (2)
- Chance Billington, John Tyler, OL, 6-4, 275 — offer from SMU (1)
- Keontae Burns, Pittsburg, WR, 6-3, 175 — offers from Iowa State, North Texas, SMU, Southern Miss (4)
- Coltin Clack, Texas High, QB, 6-3, 215 — offer from Florida Atlantic, SMU (2)
- Keivie Rose, Henderson, DE, 6-4, 220 — offers from Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, SMU, Tulane (4)