Army Offers Whitehouse’s Reggie Long
The first Division I FBS offer arrived Tuesday morning for Reggie Long.
Whitehouse's senior middle linebacker, who previously held a Division II offer from Texas A&M-Commerce, received an offer from Army, he announced on Twitter.
Long measured 6-0 1/2, 218.2 pounds at the May 19 ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine. He finished second on Whitehouse’s team in tackles in 2012, when he recorded 76 tackles, two interceptions, and one fumble recovery.
Long is the 31st East Texan in the 2014 class to receive a Division I FBS offer. The 2013 East Texas class produced 17 FBS signees.
Long will be part of a veteran back seven for Whitehouse's defense in 2013. Linebacker/safety Chris Reese, cornerbacks Nate Brooks and Isaiah Burton, and safety Justin Dunning all return from last year's unit. Dunning, a 2015 prospect, holds five FBS offers, while classmate Brooks has an offer from North Texas. Reese has received strong interest from Texas State.
Whitehouse now has four players with at least one FBS offer: Long, Brooks, Dunning, and 2014 quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who is committed to Texas Tech.
2014 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Terry Ausborne, S, John Tyler, 5-10, 175 -- offer from SMU (1)
- Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage, 6-1, 175 -- committed to UTSA (1)
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches, 6-4, 310 -- committed to Kansas; additional offers from Louisiana Tech, Oregon State, ULM (4)
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 — offers from Arizona, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Houston, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia (21)
- Caleb Chumley, QB/ATH, Pine Tree, 6-5, 220 -- offers from Houston, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, New Mexico State, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State (8)
- Joseph Clark, RB/S, Chapel Hill, 5-9, 175 -- offers from Air Force, Texas State, Texas Tech (3)
- Kade Clayton, ATH, Tyler Grace, 6-0, 180 — offer from SMU, Texas State (2)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper, 6-3, 260 — committed to Texas; additional offers from TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Adrian Goodacre, OL, Carthage, 6-4, 310 -- offer from ULL (1)
- Terian "Tee" Goree, WR, Carthage, 6-2, 168 -- offer from Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, ULL, ULM (5)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 6-2, 191 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview, 6-1, 287 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Texas Tech (7)
- Willy Ivery, ATH, Sulphur Springs, 5-8, 180 -- offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas State, Toledo (5)
- Jamal Jeffery, WR, Lufkin, 5-9, 165 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Chris Jefferson, ATH, Athens, 6-2, 200 -- committed to SMU (1)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas; offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas Tech (6)
- Reggie Long, LB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 218 -- offer from Army (1)
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine, 6-0, 195 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 203 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Houston, North Texas, Rice (4); also has Arizona, Arkansas, Houston baseball offers
- Stephan Maxey, DB, Longview, 5-11, 185 -- offer from UTSA (1)
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine, 6-3, 230 -- committed to TCU; additional offers from Texas State, Texas Tech, ULM (4)
- Greg Roberts, DE, Nacogdoches, 6-5, 210 -- offer from Baylor (1)
- Anthony Rhone, LB, Texas High, 6-0, 205 -- committed to SMU (1)
- O'Keeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage, 6-6, 181 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens, 5-11, 185 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/S, Newton, 6-0, 190 — offers from Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULM, Utah (22)
- Brian Thlang, OL, Palestine, 6-2, 290 -- committed ULM (1)
- Justin Twine, ATH, Hemphill, 5-10, 195 — committed to TCU for baseball; additional football offer from Baylor (1)
- Josh Walker, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-1, 220 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- D.J. Williams, DT, Lufkin, 6-4, 293 -- offers from Miami, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma (4)
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart, 6-0, 190 -- offers from New Mexico State, North Texas, ULM (3)