Arp’s DeMarvion Overshown Offered By Georgia + Auburn
It's been a busy last several days for Arp junior safety DeMarvion Overshown. The consensus four-star recruit has seemingly increased his offer total on a daily basis.
On Thursday, two new schools joined the mix.
Overshown (6-4, 196) reported via Twitter that he has received scholarship offers from Georgia and Auburn, giving him 23 Division I FBS offers, the most among East Texas' 2018 recruiting class.
In the last eight days, Overshown has picked up offers from 15 schools, including Oklahoma, Baylor, Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, Florida State, Clemson, and Ohio State.
Overshown played a major role in his team’s trip to the Class 3A Division II state semifinals this past season. He recorded 173 tackles, forced four total takeaways and also caught four passes for 121 yards as a receiver.
The Tigers' standout subsequently became Scout.com’s 73rd-ranked prospect regardless of position nationally.
Georgia and Auburn are the eighth and ninth schools from the SEC to offer Overshown. The Bulldogs joined Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, and Texas A&M as potential suitors from the SEC.
Last season, Georgia finished 8-5 overall and 4-4 in the SEC under first-year coach Kirby Smart, who served as Nick Saban's longtime defensive coordinator at Alabama previously.
Georgia is among the most consistent programs in the country, having qualified for a bowl game every year since 1996. The Bulldogs have 11 seasons with at least 10 wins since 1997.
Auburn finished 8-5 in 2016, dropping a 35-19 decision to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. The Tigers, which won the national championship in 2010 and played for another in 2013, are 35-18 in four seasons under head coach Gus Malzahn.
Overshown, like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Mississippi State (2)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State, Syracuse (3)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offer from ULL (1)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UTSA (20)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 6-0, 170 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, UTSA (23)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — offer from ULL (1)