Auburn Extends Offers To Mineola Offensive Linemen Austin + Riley Anderson
The big offers continue to trickle in for Mineola twin brothers Austin and Riley Anderson.
A few days after receiving two huge in-state offers from Texas A&M and Texas, the Yellowjackets' 2016 offensive linemen have added offers from Auburn, they each tweeted early Tuesday evening.
Austin Anderson (6-4, 289) and Riley Anderson (6-5, 287) now hold 27 Division I FBS offers apiece, and all of them have come since Feb. 3.
The Anderson twins are the first two players in East Texas' 2016 recruiting class to be offered by Auburn. The siblings now have six offers from the SEC -- Auburn, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt.
The total of 27 offers is second-most among regional players in the current recruiting cycle. The Andersons trail only Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones, who leads East Texas with 38 scholarship opportunities.
Auburn has been among college football's most accomplished programs over the last half-decade.
The Tigers won the 2010 national championship behind Heisman Trophy winner and future No. 1 overall NFL draft pick Cam Newton. After a disappointing 2012 season, Auburn brought in former offensive coordinator Guz Malzahn to head the program. And since his return, the Tigers are 20-7, playing for the 2013 national title.
Auburn finished 8-5 overall and 4-4 in SEC play last season, which ended with a 34-31 overtime loss to Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl on Jan. 1.
The Andersons were key components to a historic Mineola season in 2014. The Yellowjackets went 12-4 and reached the school’s first-ever state championship game, a 70-40 loss to Cameron Yoe in the Class 3A Division I final at AT&T Stadium in Arlington on Dec. 18.
A young offensive backfield amassed 4,465 rushing yards and 53 touchdowns in 16 games behind a line anchored by the twins.
The Andersons, like all 2016 prospects, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- La’Darius Hamilton, LB, Corrigan-Camden, 6-1, 220 — offer from ULL (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offers from SMU, ULL (2)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Missouri, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — offers from Houston, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU, ULM (6)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offers from Colorado State, Kansas (2)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech (2)