Boys Basketball Games to Watch: Tyler Lee + Whitehouse Can Get Back Into District Title Races
Thanks to recent developments, both Tyler Lee and Whitehouse find themselves right back into their respective district championship races.
The Red Raiders (18-7, 5-2) are currently in a three-way tie with Longview and Mesquite Horn for second place in District 12-5A, just one game behind Friday’s opponent Mesquite (17-9, 6-1).
Mesquite defeated Lee, 55-47, on Jan. 2.
Whitehouse (19-6, 3-1 in District 16-4A) suffered a 78-65 loss to John Tyler last week, but the Lions have since lost twice in district. The Wildcats will take their shot at No. 12 and undefeated Jacksonville (27-0, 4-0) at Wildcat Arena on Friday night with a chance of pulling even with the Indians for the top spot in district.
There are also a couple of big matchups in Class A on Friday.
In Division I, eight-ranked San Augustine (13-5, 4-0) plays at No. 24 Broaddus (14-8, 3-1). Meanwhile in Division II, No. 10 Laneville (17-7, 4-2) is at No. 7 Oakwood (13-5, 6-1).
Other boys basketball games Friday involving ranked teams …
- No. 17 Pleasant Grove at Paris North Lamar
- Gilmer at No. 22 Chapel Hill
- Waskom at No. 2 White Oak
- Union Grove at No. 4 Tatum
- Bogata Rivercrest at No. 10 Clarksville
- No. 17 Palestine Westwood at Elkhart
Class A Division I
- Normangee at No. 3 Grapeland
- No. 6 Cayuga at Dawson
- No. 11 LaPoynor at Harleton
- Shelbyville at No. 17 Tenaha
- No. 23 West Sabine at Zavalla
Class A Division II
- No. 12 Saltillo at Sulphur Bluff
- No. 15 Chireno at Douglass