Canton Claims State Berth in Boyd 7-on-7 Football State Qualifier Tournament
BOYD -- A 4-0 run through Saturday's Boyd 7-on-7 football state qualifier tournament clinched a state berth for Canton.
Canton went undefeated in pool play before beating Aubrey 27-14 in the semifinals to clinch a Division II 7-on-7 state tournament spot. The D-II tournament is July 11-12 at Southwest Williamson County Regional Park in Leander.
Argyle beat Fort Worth All Saints 45-33 in the other semifinal to claim a state berth.
Canton started the day with a 35-24 victory against Palmer before topping Dallas First Baptist 32-26 in the Eagles' second pool-play contest. Canton then beat Ponder 38-6 to win Pool C and advance to the semifinals for the aforementioned matchup with Aubrey.
Canton is the seventh East Texas team to qualify for the D-II state tournament, joining Carthage, Chapel Hill, Crockett, Gilmer, Jasper, and White Oak.
Division II 7-on-7 Football State Qualifier Tournament
June 21, Boyd
- Fort Worth All Saints 26, Boyd 14
- Princeton 27, Krum 19
- Princeton 34, Boyd 7
- Fort Worth All Saints 35, Krum 14
- Boyd 7, Krum 0
- Fort Worth All Saints 32, Princeton 29
- Ferris 27, Argyle 20
- Red Oak Life 35, Alvord 13
- Ferris 18, Alvord 6
- Argyle 51, Red Oak Life 14
- Red Oak Life, 24 Ferris 22
- Argyle 40, Alvord 14
- Canton 35, Palmer 24
- Dallas First Baptist 30, Ponder 0
- Palmer 54, Ponder 7
- Canton 32, Dallas First Baptist 26
- Dallas First Baptist, 28 Palmer 20
- Canton 38, Ponder 6
- Iowa Park 28, Decatur 13
- Aubrey 40, Bowie 15
- Iowa Park 28, Bowie 12
- Aubrey 33, Decatur 13
- Aubrey 32, Iowa Park 28
- Decatur 27, Bowie 20 (OT)
- Canton 27, Aubrey 14
- Argyle 45, Fort Worth All Saints 33
NOTE: Thanks to TheOldCoach.com for providing scores.