Canton’s Chandler Eiland + West Sabine’s Nick Williams Honored As Built Ford Tough Players of the Week
Canton junior quarterback Chandler Eiland and West Sabine senior running back/defensive back Nick Williams were two of six players from across the state to be honored as the Built Ford Tough High School Player of the Week on Wednesday.
Eiland was the recipient for Class 3A after the Eagles signal-caller accounted for 519 total yards of offense and seven touchdowns in his team’s 49-35 win over Mineola last Friday night.
He completed 17 of 23 attempts for 440 yards and four touchdowns, while adding 79 yards and three touchdowns on the ground. Eiland was also honored as the ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.
Williams rushed for 220 yards and three touchdowns on 20 carries, caught three passes for 36 yards and had three tackles for loss and two interceptions in the seventh-ranked Tigers’ 60-21 rout of San Augustine last week.
The winners are chosen for athletic achievements on the field, as well as for outstanding scholarship and community involvement. These players are the embodiment of Ford’s Go Further commitment.
Week 8 Built Ford Tough Players of the Week
- Class 5A — Greg Campbell, QB, Humble Atascocita
- Class 4A — Xavier Turner, RB, Birdville
- Class 3A — Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton
- Class 2A — Travis Quintanilla, QB, Refugio
- Class A — Nick Williams, RB, West Sabine
- Private — Jack Johnson, RB, Dallas Episcopal
2013 East Texas Recipients of Built Ford Tough Player of the Week
- Week 8 — Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton (3A); Nick Williams, RB, West Sabine (1A)
- Week 6 — Willy Ivery, RB, Sulphur Springs (4A); Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage (3A)
- Week 4 — Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse (4A)
- Week 3 — Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore (3A)
- Week 1 — Dalvin Manns, QB, Pine Tree (4A)