Carlisle’s Gunner Baker + Coach Wesley Colley Honored on TSWA Class A All-State Baseball Team
BRYAN — Carlisle captured the Class A state baseball title last month, and the Indians were heavily represented on the Collin Street Bakery/Texas Sports Writer’s Association all-state baseball team, which was released Monday.
Senior pitcher Gunner Baker was named the Player of the Year after a stellar season. Baker, a first-team pitcher and honorable-mention outfielder, went 14-0 on the mound with a 0.23 ERA and 177 strikeouts in 88 1/3 innings. He also hit .446 and had 59 RBIs.
Carlisle coach Wesley Colley was voted Coach of the Year after guiding the Indians to their first-ever state championship in June.
Junior shortstop Caleb Colley and junior outfielder Zach Brightwell were also first-team selections for Carlisle.
Other first-team honorees from East Texas were Harleton senior second baseman Steven Crump and Cayuga senior third baseman Chantz Holland, who was also honorable mention as a pitcher.
Alto junior outfielder Charlie Wallace was a second-team selection, while Alto teammates Tanner Jones and Armando Arroyo were honorable mention. Harleton senior shortstop Brooks Lloyd was also an honorable mention selection.
East Texas TSWA Class A All-State Selections
- Gunner Baker, P, Sr., Carlisle (Player of the Year)
- Steven Crump, 2B, Sr., Harleton
- Caleb Colley, SS, Jr., Carlisle
- Chantz Holland, 3B, Sr., Cayuga
- Zach Brightwell, OF, Jr., Carlisle
- Wesley Colley, Carlisle (Coach of the Year)
- Charlie Wallace, OF, Jr., Alto
- Chantz Holland, P, Sr., Cayuga
- Tanner Jones, 1B, Sr., Alto
- Brooks Lloyd, SS, Sr., Harleton
- Armando Arroyo, 3B, Jr., Alto
- Gunner Baker, OF, Sr., Carlisle