Carthage Offensive Lineman Adrian Goodacre Commits to ULL
Adrian Goodacre is the second player in Carthage's strong senior class to commit to a Division I FBS program.
The news of Goodacre's commitment to Louisiana-Lafayette came early Friday afternoon, when Goodacre confirmed his pledge via text after teammate Terian "Tee" Goree alerted ETSN.fm of Goodacre's commitment.
The ULL commitment came shortly after the 6-foot-4, 310-pound Goodacre received a morning offer from Houston, which is his second FBS offer in addition to the Ragin' Cajuns. Goodacre also has two D-I FCS offers from Abilene Christian and SFA.
Goodacre was a third-team selection to ETSN.fm's Football Super Team in January. After playing right guard as a junior, Goodacre could move outside to left tackle, which would give Carthage a huge left side with him and guard Griffin Bankhead, a 6-foot-3, 301-pounder who was named to the ETSN.fm Super Team First Team.
Goodacre is a key cog in a Carthage offensive line that returns intact after helping the Bulldogs average 42.1 points per game in 2012. Carthage, which is the consensus preseason No. 1 team in Class 3A entering 2013, has 10 returning offensive starters, including UTSA-committed quarterback Blake Bogenschutz, tailback Tevin Pipkin, and receivers O'Keeron Rutherford and Goree.
Rutherford also holds a ULL offer, while Goree holds six offers: ULL, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, ULM, and UTSA.
East Texas' 2013 football class produced 17 FBS signees. The 2014 class has 30 players with at least one FBS offer and 16 who have already committed.
2014 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Terry Ausborne, S, John Tyler, 5-10, 175 -- offer from SMU (1)
- Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage, 6-1, 175 -- committed to UTSA (1)
- Jacob Bragg, OL, Nacogdoches, 6-4, 310 -- committed to Kansas; additional offers from Louisiana Tech, Oregon State, ULM (4)
- K.D. Cannon, WR, Mount Pleasant, 6-0, 160 — offers from Arizona, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Houston, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, West Virginia (21)
- Caleb Chumley, QB/ATH, Pine Tree, 6-5, 220 -- offers from Houston, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, New Mexico State, North Texas, Oregon State, Texas State (8)
- Joseph Clark, RB/S, Chapel Hill, 5-9, 175 -- committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Air Force, Texas State (3)
- Kade Clayton, ATH, Tyler Grace, 6-0, 180 — offer from SMU, Texas State (2); additional offer from Old Dominion (FCS)
- Terrell Cuney, C, Jasper, 6-3, 260 — committed to Texas; additional offers from TCU, Texas Tech (3)
- Adrian Goodacre, OL, Carthage, 6-4, 310 -- committed to ULL; additional offer from Houston (2)
- Terian "Tee" Goree, WR, Carthage, 6-2, 168 -- offer from Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, ULL, ULM, UTSA (6)
- Davion Hall, ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 6-2, 191 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, SMU, Stanford, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Zaycoven Henderson, DT, Longview, 6-1, 287 — committed to TCU; additional offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Texas Tech (7)
- Willy Ivery, ATH, Sulphur Springs, 5-8, 180 -- offers from Colorado State, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas State, Toledo (5)
- Jamal Jeffery, WR, Lufkin, 5-9, 165 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Chris Jefferson, ATH, Athens, 6-2, 200 -- committed to SMU (1)
- Dorian Leonard, WR, Longview, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas; offers from Florida State, Oklahoma, Oregon State, San Diego State, Texas Tech (6)
- Reggie Long, LB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 218 -- offer from Army, New Mexico State (2)
- Ben Luckett, RB, Palestine, 6-0, 195 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse, 6-3, 203 — committed to Texas Tech; additional offers from Houston, North Texas, Rice (4); also has Arizona, Arkansas, Houston baseball offers
- Stephan Maxey, DB, Longview, 5-11, 185 -- offer from UTSA (1)
- Jarrell Owens, LB/DE, Palestine, 6-3, 230 -- committed to TCU; additional offers from Texas State, Texas Tech, ULM (4)
- Greg Roberts, DE, Nacogdoches, 6-5, 200 -- committed to Baylor (1)
- Anthony Rhone, LB, Texas High, 6-0, 205 -- committed to SMU (1)
- O'Keeron Rutherford, WR, Carthage, 6-6, 181 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Anthony Sanders, ATH, Athens, 5-11, 185 -- offer from ULM (1)
- Kevin Shorter, RB/S, Newton, 6-0, 190 — offers from Arkansas, Army, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Kansas, LSU, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, San Diego State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, ULM, Utah (21)
- Brian Thlang, OL, Palestine, 6-2, 290 -- committed ULM (1)
- Josh Walker, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-1, 220 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- D.J. Williams, DT, Lufkin, 6-4, 293 -- offers from Houston, Miami, Missouri, North Texas, Oklahoma (5)
- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart, 6-0, 190 -- offers from New Mexico State, North Texas, Texas State, ULM (4)