Carthage’s Terian “Tee” Goree the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week
Carthage senior wide receiver Terian "Tee" Goree is certainly making the most of his last year as a member of the Bulldogs' football program.
The 6-2, 170-pound North Texas-bound wideout has set new school records for receiving yards and touchdowns in a season, and is one win away from helping Carthage claim its fourth state title in six years.
Goree's performance in last Friday night's 51-22 state-semifinal victory over La Grange earned the playmaker ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week honors. He finished with a season-high 11 catches for 177 yards and three touchdowns.
For the season, Goree is now at 86 catches for 1,689 yards and 28 touchdowns. The touchdown total is good enough for fifth all-time in state history, according to Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine. Goree has broken the single-season school records for both yards and touchdowns, set by Jalen Claiborne (104 catches, 1,534 yards, 18 TD's) in the Bulldogs' 2010 state-championship season. Claiborne is now a junior at Wyoming and finished 2013 with 33 catches for 452 yards and five touchdowns.
Goree's three touchdown receptions against La Grange, which came from 33, 45 and 10 yards out, were half of Carthage record-setting quarterback Blake Bogenschutz's six scoring tosses on the night. Goree's first score of the game gave Carthage a 7-0 lead just 40 seconds into the game, his second put the Bulldogs up 14-7 early in the second quarter and his final touchdown came with 1:54 remaining in the third and gave Carthage a commanding 37-14 lead.
Goree and Carthage (14-1) face old East Texas rival Kilgore (14-0) at noon Friday in the Class 3A Division I state championship game from AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen 2013 Offensive Players of the Week
- Week 15 -- Terian "Tee" Goree, WR, Carthage
- Week 14 -- Tevin Pipkin, RB, Carthage
- Week 13 -- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse
- Week 12 -- Daylon Mack, FB, Gladewater
- Week 11 -- Larry Pryor, QB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 10 -- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart
- Week 9 -- Larry Pryor, QB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 8 -- Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton
- Week 7 -- JaMikel Roberts, QB, San Augustine
- Week 6 -- Willy Ivery, RB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 5 -- James Reese, RB, Gladewater
- Week 4 -- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse
- Week 3 -- Andrew Black, QB, Chapel Hill
- Week 2 -- Cullen Grubbs, QB, Mount Pleasant
- Week 1 -- Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage
- Zero Week -- Dalvin Manns, QB, Pine Tree