Center’s K.J. Garrett Signs with Texas A&M-Commerce
Texas A&M-Commerce’s football program signed a large contingent of East Texans this year. The Lions added one more East Texas standout Tuesday.
Center running K.J. Garrett inked with Texas A&M-Commerce, according to Roughrider coach Kevin Goodwin.
The 5-foot-9, 182-pound tailback was Center’s go-to player on offense, rushing 219 times for 1,796 yards and 19 touchdowns. Garrett also caught 20 passes for 186 yards and two touchdowns for the Roughriders, who finished 8-3 with a Class 3A Division II Region III first-round playoff appearance.
Garrett joins nine other East Texans in the 2013 class to sign with Texas A&M-Commerce.
East Texans in 2013 Class to Sign with Texas A&M-Commerce
- Corey Bartley, S, Longview, 5-7, 155
- Nakia Brown, CB/KR, Longview, 5-10, 180 (double-signed with Navarro College)
- Malik Ellis, OL, Daingerfield, 6-4, 255
- K.J. Garrett, RB, Center, 5-9, 182
- Traven Johnson, CB, John Tyler, 6-1, 175
- Bryce Krumvieda, DL, Van, 6-1, 245
- McKenlee Smith, OL, Whitehouse, 6-3, 330
- Justinn Spady, WR, Longview, 5-9, 155
- Cornelius Williams, DT, Longview, 5-11, 290 (double-signed with Navarro College)
- DeQuanta Woods, RB/WR, John Tyler, 5-11, 185