Cincinnati Offers Frankston’s Kendrick Rogers
Going into last Friday, Frankston 2016 receiver Kendrick Rogers had three Division I FBS offers. He'll begin this weekend with nine.
Rogers (6-6, 207) collected his sixth offer in a seven-day span Friday when Cincinnati pulled the trigger, according to Frankston head football coach Matt Nally.
In the past seven days, Rogers has picked up offers from Mississippi State, ULM, Houston, Memphis, ULL, and Cincinnati. He previously held offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas, and SMU.
The nine total offers rank him fourth among East Texans in the 2016 class, trailing Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones (38) and Mineola offensive linemen Austin and Riley Anderson (27).
Cincinnati does not recruit East Texas often, but the Bearcats did sign former Chapel Hill defensive lineman Keith Minor in 2014. Cincinnati also has offers extended to both Andersons in the 2016 recruiting cycle.
The Bearcats are coached by Tommy Tuberville, who has previously been the head coach at Auburn and Texas Tech. Cincinnati competes in the American Athletic Conference and finished 2014 at 9-4 overall and 7-1 in league play. The season ended with a 33-17 loss to Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl on Dec. 27.
Rogers enjoyed a solid junior season at Frankston, ranking fifth in East Texas with 57 receptions and caught for a region fifth-best 1,045 yards. He returns to an Indians team that went 4-6 and 2-5 last year in the ultra-competitive District 8-3A Division II, which will also feature reigning state champion Waskom.
Rogers, like all incoming senior football prospects, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- La’Darius Hamilton, LB, Corrigan-Camden, 6-1, 220 — offer from ULL (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offers from SMU, ULL (2)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Missouri, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — offers from Cincinnati, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM (9)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offers from Colorado State, Kansas (2)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB/S, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech (2)