Clemson Becomes Fourth Major College Program to Offer Troup Junior Blake Lynch
Troup standout Blake Lynch received his second offer in five days early Monday evening.
The junior quarterback/athlete announced on Twitter that the Clemson Tigers were the latest team to offer the 6-foot-3, 193-pounder.
Clemson is the fourth school to offer Lynch. Nebraska offered Lynch this past Thursday, while Baylor and Mississippi State offered him in May.
Lynch has emerged as a multi-talented recruiting target for BCS conference programs as a quarterback and an athlete, allowing him to potentially transfer to the college game as a QB, receiver, or a safety. His size and verified 4.51-second speed in the 40-yard dash have made him a hot commodity in the last few months.
Clemson has offered two players in East Texas' 2015 class: Lynch and Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack. They join two of the region's top 2014 prospects -- Mount Pleasant receiver K.D. Cannon (Baylor commit) and Newton running back/athlete Kevin Shorter (Texas commit) -- as the four players in East Texas with Clemson offers.
The Clemson coaching staff has strong East Texas ties. Offensive coordinator Chad Morris, who led Lake Travis to its first two of five consecutive Class 4A state championships, led Elysian Fields to back-to-back Class 2A state title appearances in 1998-99. Morris' first head coaching job was with Eustace from 1994-97.
After a season-opening 28-21 loss to Quinlan Ford, Troup (2-1) has bounced back with lopsided wins against West Rusk and Quitman.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 175 -- offers from Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 -- offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key'Vantanie "KeKe" Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 -- committed to Texas; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 -- offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (6)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 -- offers from Baylor, Houston, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (6)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 -- offers from Clemson, Baylor, Mississippi State, Nebraska (4)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 -- offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (14)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 -- offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 -- offer from Houston (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 -- offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (7)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 -- offer from SMU