Clemson Becomes Ninth School to Offer Gladewater’s Daylon Mack
Two days after receiving an offer from Miami, Daylon Mack grabbed another Atlantic Coast Conference offer.
Mack's offer list, which is the longest of any of East Texas' nine juniors with at least one FBS offer, now is as follows: Alabama, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech.
Mack's sophomore season included 64 tackles, 16 for loss, six sacks, and six fumble recoveries to earn Defensive Newcomer of the Year honors on the ETSN.fm East Texas Football Super Team.
Mack is the third player in East Texas' 2014 or 2015 class to receive an offer from Clemson. The Tigers have also offered 6-foot, 160-pound Mount Pleasant senior receiver K.D. Cannon and 6-foot, 190-pound Newton senior athlete Kevin Shorter. Cannon and Shorter each have more than 20 offers.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 175 -- offers from TCU, Texas (2)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 -- offer from North Texas (1)
- Key'Vantanie "KeKe" Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 -- committed to Texas; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 -- offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (5)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 -- offers from Baylor, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (4)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 -- offers from Baylor, Mississippi State (2)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 310 -- offers from Alabama, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 -- offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (7)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 185 -- committed to Texas; additional offer from TCU (2)