Clemson Offers Arp’s DeMarvion Overshown
Arp junior safety DeMarvion Overshown officially took over the top spot of 2018 East Texas recruits in number of Division I FBS offers on Monday evening.
The latest one came from the reigning national champions.
Overshown (6-4, 196) announced via Twitter that Clemson became the newest school to offer its services, the 18th program to do so.
The Arp standout was also offered by Missouri earlier Monday.
Clemson made Overshown the first East Texan in the current recruiting cycle to earn a scholarship opportunity from the Tigers.
Overshown has collected 10 offers since last Wednesday. In addition to Monday's offers from Missouri and Clemson, he has picked up invitations from Baylor, Oklahoma, UCLA, Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, and Florida State.
Clemson earned a thrilling 35-31 win over defending champ Alabama in the national title game last month, avenging a 2016 loss to Alabama in the finals. The Tigers are 28-2 the last two seasons, and 85-25 in eight years under head coach Dabo Swinney.
Overshown was a key piece in Arp’s run to the Class 3A Division II state semifinals last season. He recorded 173 tackles from his safety spot and caught four passes for 121 yards in a 15-game campaign.
The four-star recruit might be leaned on more offensively as a senior since Arp is forced to turn away from athlete Kayce Medlock, an SMU running back signee who also played linebacker in high school, and a quarterback that started for about a season and a half.
Overshown and the rest of the current junior class nationally will become eligible to sign on football signing day in February of 2018.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offer from Mississippi State (2)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Bowling Green, Iowa State (2)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offer from ULL (1)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-0, 215 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, C, 6-3, 340 — offers from Baylor, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (11)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UTSA (17)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 —offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, UTSA (18)