Complete Thursday Boys Scores from the Fifth Annual Tenaha Holiday Hoops Scholarship Classic
Results submitted to ETSN.fm from Thursday's action at the fifth annual Tenaha Holiday Hoops Scholarship Classic.
San Augustine Splits Two Games
San Augustine opened the day with a big win before falling to a state-ranked foe on the first day of the Tenaha Holiday Hoops Scholarship Classic.
The Wolves ran away with a 74-48 win against Saltillo in Gary early Thursday afternoon before falling 64-49 to Laneville later in the day at Tenaha's Special Events Center.
Dez Randle's 22 points led San Augustine in the win, while Jeremy Jenkins and Jadarrian Taylor added 12 and 11, apiece. San Augustine (12-6) enters Friday's 1:30 p.m. fifth-place bracket game against Alto, which beat Shelbyville before losing to 2A No. 2 Kountze 91-59 on Thursday.
Jarvis Smith scored nine points in San Augustine's win vs. Saltillo. J.D. Brown and JaMikel Roberts each netted seven.
Kountze Routs Two East Texas Foes
Perennial Class 2A power Kountze got off to a blistering start Thursday.
Kountze hammered DeKalb 101-26 before beating Alto 91-59 to push the Lions to the tournament semifinals, where they face Laneville, the No. 4 team in Class A Division II, at 6:30 p.m. Friday at Tenaha's Special Events Center.
Kountze is the defending tournament champion after beating White Oak in last year's final.
Laneville Cruises To Two Victories
Laneville secured its semifinal berth vs. Kountze with 66-44 and 64-49 wins vs. Broaddus and San Augustine, respectively.
White Oak, Tenaha Snag Semifinal Berths
Two-time defending Class 2A state champion White Oak won two games by double-digits Thursday to start its Tenaha Holiday Hoops run.
No. 18 White Oak almost doubled up Lipan, 81-43, then beat Miller Grove 58-41 to set up a tournament semifinal showdown with the host Tenaha Tigers, who are ranked No. 7 in the 1A D-I poll, at 8 p.m. Friday at Tenaha's Special Events Center.
Tenaha blew out its first two tournament opponents. The Tigers crushed Campbell 84-25 before beating Cayuga 78-36 in the second round to set up Friday's semifinal against White Oak.
The losers of the Kountze/Laneville and White Oak/Tenaha matchups play for third place at 6:30 p.m. Saturday in the Special Events Center, which hosts the winners of those games at 8 o'clock in the tournament championship.
2013 Tenaha Holiday Hoops Scholarship Classic
Thursday's Boys Scores
- Kountze 101, DeKalb 26
- Kountze 91, Alto 59
- Alto 63, Shelbyville 45 (at Joaquin)
- San Augustine 74, Saltillo 48 (at Gary)
- Laneville 66, Broaddus 44 (at Panola College)
- Laneville 64, San Augustine 49
- White Oak 81, Lipan 43 (at Joaquin)
- White Oak 58, Miller Grove 41
- Miller Grove 77, Avery 41 (at Gary)
- Cayuga 63, Leggett 49 (at Joaquin)
- Tenaha 84, Campbell 25
- Tenaha 78, Cayuga 36
Thursday's Girls Scores
- Sabine 33, Harleton 31 (at Panola College)
- Slocum 57, Campbell 50 (at Panola College)
- Campbell 48, DeKalb 36
(full girls results unavailable due to lack of submissions)
Friday's Boys Schedule
- Kountze vs. Laneville, 6:30 p.m., Tenaha's Special Events Center
- White Oak vs. Tenaha, 8 p.m., Tenaha's Special Events Center
- Alto vs. San Augustine, 1:30 p.m., Tenaha's Tiger Gym
- Miller Grove vs. Cayuga, 1:30 p.m., Tenaha's Special Events Center
- De Kalb vs. Shelbyville, 10:30 a.m., Gary
- Broaddus vs. Saltillo, 10:30 a.m., Tenaha's Tiger Gym
- Lipan vs. Avery, 10:30 a.m., Tenaha's Special Events Center
- Leggett vs. Campbell, 10:30 a.m., Joaquin
- DeKalb/Shelbyville winner vs. Broaddus/Saltillo winner, 6 p.m., Tenaha's Tiger Gym
- Lipan/Avery winner vs. Leggett/Campbell winner, 7:30 p.m., Tenaha's Tiger Gym
-- Scores courtesy ETSN.fm staff reports, coaches' submissions, and HoopInsider's Brad Ernst.