Elkhart’s Jeffery Wilson the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week
One of the very best running backs in East Texas put on another dazzling display in his team's regular-season finale last Friday night.
Elkhart senior Jeffery Wilson, the region's leading rusher, further distanced himself from the pack with a huge performance in the Elks' 47-31 win over Trinity. He rushed for 378 yards and six touchdowns on 35 carries, earning himself ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week honors.
His six touchdown runs covered 24, 5, 25, 1, 28 and 75 yards.
Wilson, who eclipsed the 2,000-yard plateau for the second consecutive season the week before, pushed his season rushing total to 2,487 yards and 35 touchdowns. His 10-game total bested last season's effort by 158 yards.
But unlike last year, the talented Wilson (6-0, 190) -- FBS offers from New Mexico State, North Texas, Texas State and ULM -- will have a chance to improve upon those numbers even more in the postseason. The Elks (7-3) face Godley (7-3) at 7:30 p.m. Thursday from Corsicana in a Class 2A Division I Region III bi-district playoff.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen 2013 Offensive Players of the Year
- Week 10 -- Jeffery Wilson, RB, Elkhart
- Week 9 -- Larry Pryor, QB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 8 -- Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton
- Week 7 -- JaMikel Roberts, QB, San Augustine
- Week 6 -- Willy Ivery, RB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 5 -- James Reese, RB, Gladewater
- Week 4 -- Patrick Mahomes, QB, Whitehouse
- Week 3 -- Andrew Black, QB, Chapel Hill
- Week 2 -- Cullen Grubbs, QB, Mount Pleasant
- Week 1 -- Blake Bogenschutz, QB, Carthage
- Zero Week -- Dalvin Manns, QB, Pine Tree