ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine FAQs for Attendees
More than 100 invited athletes to the ETSN.fm football recruiting combine at APEC training facility in Tyler have confirmed their attendance.
If you are one of those athletes or a parent/guardian/coach, please be sure to read the following information pertaining to the event, which is May 19 at APEC in Tyler.
What to Bring?
Athletes need to bring two pairs of shoes: flats and cleats (cleats only needed for outdoor position-specific drills; all laser timing and other combine drills will be conducted in flats).
Where to Go?
APEC is located at 5407 New Copeland Road in Tyler. Here’s a map:
Where to Park?
If APEC’s parking lot is full, park at Providence Park Nursing and Rehabilitation next door or Smith Dental Care on the opposite side of New Copeland Road (both businesses have been alerted as to parking needs, so no worry of towing).
What Happens When You Arrive?
- Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. and will be concluded by 9:45 a.m. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY, not at exactly at 10 a.m. to allow for on-time start of drills. If you are late, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE with your position group and could possibly be prevented from completing all drills that will be scored to determine MVPs. This should be easy since your signed permission slip will already be with ETSN.fm and APEC staff at the registration station. After registering, height and weight measurements will be conducted, plus a head shot photo for ETSN.fm file purposes.
- A taping station will be provided by Airrosti for athletes who want to be taped.
- Athletes will receive combine T-shirts with assigned numbers. If you’ll feel more comfortable in a shirt you already know fits, feel free to wear your own, preferably gray.
- Athletes will be divided into position groups and start combine drills at 10 a.m. Combine drills should conclude by 1 p.m.
- Lunch from Jersey Mike’s will be free for athletes, who will be given time to eat and recharge for position-specific drills.
- Weather permitting, outdoor position-specific drills will start at 2 p.m. and run through 4 p.m.
- Around 4 p.m., a guest speaker will speak to the athletes about the recruiting process and how to handle it.
- After the speaker concludes, position MVP awards will be handed out.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a picture of the AstroTurf surface at APEC on which all laser-timed running will be conducted. The surface is from the old RCA Dome, which served as home to the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts from 1984-2007. The same surface is used at the University of Texas pro day every year.