FAQs: 2015 ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine
More than 100 invited athletes have confirmed their attendance to the third annual ETSN.fm + APEC Football Recruiting Combine, powered by Azalea Orthopedics, on Sunday, May 10 at APEC in Tyler.
The event will be free and open to the public.
If you are one of those athletes or a parent/guardian/coach, please be sure to read the following information pertaining to the event.
What to Bring?
Athletes need to bring two pairs of shoes: flats and cleats (cleats only needed for outdoor position-specific drills; all laser timing and other combine drills will be conducted in flats). NOTE: The APEC practice field’s turf is artificial.
Athletes also need to BRING A MOUTHPIECE. These are to be used during our one-on-one drills. Please do not forget to bring a mouthpiece!
Where to Go?
APEC's new facility is located at 1543 E. Grande Blvd., Tyler, TX, 75703. Here'a a map:
Where to Park?
If APEC's parking lot is full, alternate parking can be found at the two neighboring businesses -- Stanger Surveying and Oak Tree Academy daycare center (both businesses have been alerted as to parking needs, so no worry of towing).
What Happens When You Arrive?
- Early registration starts at 7:30 a.m. and full registration starts at 8 a.m. Registration will be concluded by 9 a.m. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY, not at exactly at 9 a.m. to allow for on-time start of drills. If you are late, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE with your position group and could possibly be prevented from completing all drills that will be scored to determine MVPs. This should be easy since your signed permission slip will already be with ETSN.fm and APEC staff at the registration station. After registering, height and weight measurements will be conducted, plus we’ll take headshot pictures.
- A taping station will be provided by for athletes who want to be taped.
- Athletes will receive combine shirts for no charge for attending the combine. They’re to be worn during competition.
- Athletes will be divided into position groups and start combine drills at 10 a.m. Combine drills should conclude by 12:45 p.m.
- A minimum one-hour break will be available for all athletes, when you are allowed to have lunch before we begin the second phase of the event. Lunches will be provided by Subway.
- Weather permitting, position-specific drills and one-on-ones will start at 2 p.m. and run through 4 p.m.
- After the one-on-ones conclude, special guest speaker D.J. Mann will deliver a brief 15-20 minute presentation to the athletes.
- Following the presentation, position and overall MVP awards will be handed out.
If you have any questions, email Clint Buckley at firstname.lastname@example.org.