Florida Becomes 29th Offer For Nacogdoches’ Jaylon Lane
The list of schools continues to grow longer by the day for Nacogdoches 2015 cornerback Jaylon Lane, who received an another big-time offer Friday.
The Florida Gators were next to extend an offer to Lane (6-2, 185), the Dragons playmaker announced on Twitter late Friday morning. Florida became the 29th Division I FBS school to offer Lane, who has picked up five offers since Saturday.
Lane, the most recruited player in all of East Texas, received an offer from Wake Forest on Saturday, heard from Arkansas on Tuesday and got calls from both Texas Tech and Miami on Thursday.
Florida gave Lane his eighth offer from the SEC, joining Arkansas, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss and Texas A&M. Lane has more offers from the SEC than any other conference in the country.
The Gators uncharacteristically went 4-8 in 2013 and missed out on a bowl game for the first time since 1990. Florida had gone 83-23 from 2005-2012, including BCS national championships following the 2006 and 2008 seasons under former coach Urban Meyer.
Lane and Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack -- a Texas A&M commit -- are the only East Texans in the 2015 class with an offer from Florida.
Nacogdoches should field one of the best secondaries in all of the region this fall.
Lane, who has spent the last two seasons at San Angelo Central High School, had five interceptions, 46 tackles and averaged more than 45 yards on five kickoff returns as a junior. He'll team with 2016 safety Brandon Jones, who himself has 12 high-major offers.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – committed to Louisiana Tech (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- Jeff Gladney, ATH, New Boston, 6-0, 174 – offer from Northern Illinois (1)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Houston, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-11, 180 — committed to Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 185 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Boise State, Florida, Georgia State, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Utah State, Wake Forest, Washington State (29)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, Oklahoma State, ULL (4)
- Samuel Miller, TE/DE, Canton, 6-3, 220 – offer from UTSA (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Jackson Tyner, QB, Edgewood, 6-5, 220 – committed to Rice (1)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)