Florida State Gives Gilmer’s Demarco Boyd His Second Offer In As Many Days
One day after receiving his first Division I FBS offer from Texas, Gilmer 2016 running back/linebacker Demarco Boyd added another.
Defending national champion Florida State extended an invitation to Boyd on Wednesday, according to a tweet from his older brother and fellow FBS recruit Kris Boyd.
Both Demarco and Kris Boyd share offers from Texas and Florida State. Kris, a defensive back, has 14 total FBS offers and made visits to both schools over the summer.
Florida State and Texas have now offered two East Texans in the 2016 class -- Demarco Boyd and Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones.
Demarco Boyd (6-0, 215) plays both running back and outside linebacker in Gilmer, and projects well at both positions at the next level.
For the season, Demarco has rushed for 132 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries. Defensively, he has racked up 49 tackles (6.5 for loss), 3.5 sacks, five quarterback pressures, one interception, one forced fumble and one recovery.
Demarco Boyd and his third-ranked Gilmer Buckeyes (7-0, 2-0 in District 5-4A Division II) play at Bullard (4-3, 1-1) on Friday night.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — offers from Florida State, Texas (2)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Purdue, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, USC, Washington State (31)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 275 – offers from Air Force, Navy (2)
- Corey Lane, S, Nacogdoches, 5-11, 185 – offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offer from North Texas, SMU (2)