Football Class of 2015 Could Be Another Strong Group for East Texas
In the last couple of weeks, ETSN.fm has produced an updated ETSN 25 ranking East Texas’ top senior football recruits, plus an early look at some top 2014 prospects.
So naturally, the next step is to look at a few of the names already swirling in the 2015 class, the group of players who were sophomores during the 2012 season.
If you think none is getting any early attention, you’re mistaken. Gladewater’s Daylon Mack could be a national top 100 recruit and already holds four high-major FBS offers. Longview’s Ja’Mycal Hasty wowed coaches at a Texas A&M camp over the summer, then showed flashes during the regular season of what Lobo opponents could be up against the next two seasons.
The 2014 class is already shaping up to be one of East Texas’ strongest groups in recent years, and right now, it appears that the 2015 class has the potential to be similar.
Here’s a glance at some of the names that could be Division I-caliber players in the 2015 East Texas class. ETSN.fm will add/subtract as we gather more information.
- Bryian Bolton, RB/DB, Carthage, 5-10, 175
- Kris Boyd, RB/CB, Gilmer, 5-10, 180
- Dezmond Chumley, QB, Longview, 5-11, 185
- KeKe Coutee, WR, Lufkin, 5-10, 170
- Ryan Cox, OT, Jefferson, 6-5, 275
- Randy Davis, ATH, Henderson, 6-0, 170
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200
- Xaviar Gaona, ATH, Kilgore, 6-3, 170
- Ja’Mycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 185
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-8, 175
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-2, 297 — offers from Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU
- Carter McCown, QB, Jacksonville, 6-2, 165
- Erik McCoy, OT, Lufkin, 6-3, 270
- Nick Orange, WR, Kilgore, 6-3, 190
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185
- Deyante Roberson, WR, Tatum, 6-1, 180
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-2, 185
- Kyshaun Smith, LB, Tatum, 6-1, 180
- Chase Tate, ATH, Gilmer, 5-5, 150
- R.J. Williams, LB, Hooks, 6-1, 215