Frankston Receiver Kendrick Rogers Commits To Texas A&M
Texas A&M has its first receiver commitment.
Kendrick Rogers confirmed to ETSN.fm that he verbally committed to the program Monday afternoon. The Aggies entered the Frankston senior's picture with a scholarship offer less than 24 hours beforehand.
It's shaping up to be another fantastic recruiting year for head coach Kevin Sumlin and his staff within East Texas. With the latest commitment, Texas A&M now expects at least four current local high school players to enroll next year.
Mineola twin offensive tackles Austin Anderson and Riley Anderson as well as Athens athlete Travon Fuller are the other players that plan to make College Station home upon graduation next May.
The university landed five local players on National Signing Day in February.
Rogers turned in a very strong junior campaign. He ranked fifth on the 2014 ETSN.fm statistics leader board in receiving yardage and total receptions despite only playing in 10 games.
The receiver caught 57 passes for 1,045 yards and 10 touchdowns. Teammate Justice Bean provided a one-two passing game punch with 1,095 yards and 11 touchdowns on 56 receptions.
Frankston did not qualify for the playoffs out of the ultra competitive District 8-3A Division II, but its offensive production forced teams to chew clock. Waskom, the division's state champion and a district foe, even resorted to onside kicks to keep the ball out of Frankston's hands.
Texas A&M posted an 8-5 overall record last season, closing it with a win against West Virginia in the Liberty Bowl.
The program is home to two Heisman Trophy winners, 18 conference titles, 22 consensus All-Americans and three claimed national championships prior to World War II.
Rogers, like all 2016 prospects, will become eligible to sign a national letter of intent on Feb. 3.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Auburn, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (27)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Gabe Foster, RB/DB, Newton, 6-3, 180 — offers from Purdue, ULM (2)
- Ke’Mon Freeman, QB/ATH, Liberty-Eylau, 5-11, 188 – offers from Arkansas State, North Texas, SMU (3)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Alex Gregory, WR, Nacogdoches, 5-11, 175 —offers from Texas State, ULM (2)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offers from Baylor, Texas Tech (2)
- La’Darius Hamilton, LB, Corrigan-Camden, 6-1, 220 — offer from ULL (1)
- Adrian Harris, OL, John Tyler, 6-2, 290 — offer from ULM (1)
- Jerrod Johnson, OL, Lufkin, 6-2, 290 — offer from ULM (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offers from SMU, ULL (2)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Colorado State, Houston, Navy (5)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Denzel Mims, WR, Daingerfield, 6-4, 180 – committed to Baylor; additional offers from Arkansas State, North Texas, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa (6)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Illinois, Louisiana Tech, Missouri, Texas State, ULL (5)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU, ULL, ULM (11)
- Micahh Smith, DB, Marshall, 5-11, 185 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 5-10, 180 — committed to Nebraska; additional offers from Colorado State, Kansas, Nevada, Texas State (5)
- Jeremy West, OL/DL, Chapel Hill, 6-2, 297 — offer from ULL (1)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB/S, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Army, Louisiana Tech, Navy, Texas State (5)