Frankston Receiver Kendrick Rogers Offered By SMU
Frankston's Kendrick Rogers recruitment is beginning to take off. After receiving his first Division I FBS offer from North Texas last Friday, the 2016 wide receiver was offered by SMU on Tuesday.
The Frankston coaching staff informed ETSN.fm of the SMU offer Tuesday afternoon.
Rogers (6-4, 185) became the second East Texas recruit in the five-member 2016 class with multiple offers, joining Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones, who currently has 17. He's also the first 2016 player from the region to receive an offer from SMU.
The Mustangs, who compete in the American Athletic Conference, went 5-7 overall and 4-4 last season. However, SMU ranked eighth in the nation in passing yards per game at 341.4.
Rogers burst onto the scene as a sophomore by hauling in 48 receptions for 727 yards and seven touchdowns in helping Frankston finish 4-7 and reach the first round of the playoffs.
Frankston will look to build upon on 2013's success this fall with the return of both Rogers and dual-threat quarterback Ozzie Buckner. The Indians will be members of the new District 8-3A Division II along with Arp, Elysian Fields, New Diana, Troup, Waskom, West Rusk and Winona.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Travon Fuller, ATH, Athens, 6-0, 160 – offer from Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, Houston, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Purdue, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Washington State (17)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 275 – offer from Navy (1)
- Corey Lane, S, Nacogdoches, 5-11, 185 – offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offer from North Texas, SMU (2)