Frankston’s Kendrick Rogers Offered By ULM
It's been an eventual couple of days for Frankston 2016 receiver Kendrick Rogers, who picked up his second Division I FBS offer since Friday.
Frankston head football coach Matt Nally told ETSN.fm that Rogers (6-6, 207) was offered a scholarship opportunity from ULM, Monday morning.
Rogers, who received his first Power 5 conference offer from Mississippi State on Friday, now has five FBS offers total. In addition to ULM and Mississippi State, the standout receiver also has invitations from Louisiana Tech, North Texas, and SMU.
ULM, which competes in the Sun Belt Conference, has been active in East Texas the last couple of recruiting cycles.
The Warhawks signed two regional players in February -- Canton quarterback Chandler Eiland and Canton defensive end Samuel Miller. That came a year after ULM signed four East Texans -- Chapel Hill defensive lineman Shaquille Warren, Chapel HIll defensive back Wesley Thompson, Palestine running back Ben Luckett, and Palestine offensive lineman Brian Thlang.
Rogers is the first East Texan in the 2016 class to receive an offer from the Warhawks,
ULM is coached by Todd Berry, and the Warhawks will enter the 2015 season on the heels of a 4-8 campaign last year.
Rogers enjoyed a solid junior season at Frankston, ranking fifth in East Texas with 57 receptions and caught for a region fifth-best 1,045 yards. He returns to an Indians team that went 4-6 and 2-5 last year in the ultra-competitive District 8-3A Division II, which will also feature reigning state champion Waskom.
Rogers, like all incoming senior football prospects, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (26)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (26)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- La'Darius Hamilton, LB, Corrigan-Camden, 6-1, 220 -- offer from ULL (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offer from SMU (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Missouri, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU, ULM (5)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offers from Colorado State, Kansas (2)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech (2)