Garrison Gets a Chance Friday to Avenge Last Year’s Second-Round Loss to Centerville
Class 2A Division II Region III
Garrison Bulldogs (11-0)
Centerville Tigers (10-1)
7:30 p.m. Friday
Eagle Stadium, Rusk
- Garrison: Craig Barker
- Centerville: Kyle Hardee
- Garrison: won 17-14 vs. New Diana
- Centerville: won 63-14 vs. Groveton
- Winner faces Corrigan-Camden (11-0) or Hughes Springs (10-1) in a 2A D-II Region III semifinal.
- QB Andrew Russell, Jr., 5-9, 150 (101 of 178, 1,417 yards, 15 TDs, 5 INTs; 5 rush TDs)
- RB Demetrius Bennett (125 carries, 992 yards, 7 TDs; 9 catches, 110 yards, 1 TD)
- RB Logan Clark, Sr., 5-8, 165 (70 carries, 493 yards, 6 TDs)
- ATH Cameron Rodriguez, Sr., 5-11, 180 (20 catches, 375 yards, 4 TDs; 24 carries, 159 yards, 4 TDs)
- WR William Rogers (15 catches, 338 yards, 4 TDs)
- WR Michael Feaster (17 catches, 203 yards, 2 TDs)
- WR Chris Feaster (18 catches, 196 yards, 2 TDs)
- OL/DL Kade Hammer, Sr., 5-11, 220
- OL/DL Josh Robison, Sr., 5-10, 238
- QB Cade Harris (1 passing TD vs. Groveton)
- ATH Chance Carrigan (84-yard KO return TD, 1 receiving TD vs. Groveton)
- RB Tully Pickens
- RB Adrian Gaucin
- RB Trevor Goolsby
Just the facts
- Centerville eliminated Garrison 34-7 in last year's area round.
- Garrison's lone score in that contest came on a 13-yard touchdown strike from Cameron Rodriguez to Michael Feaster.
- Garrison averages 34.5 points per game and yields 11.0.
- Centerville averages 44.4 points per game and allows 13.4.
- Garrison has scored at least 41 points five times in its first 11 games.
- Centerville has scored at least 52 points six times in its first 11 games.
- Garrison has held 10 of 11 foes to 22 points or fewer.
- Six of those teams failed to score more than 10 points, including four teams the Bulldogs shut out.
- Centerville has held 8 of 11 foes to 15 points or fewer.
- Five of those teams failed to score more than 12 points, including two teams the Tigers shut out.
- Garrison's first 11 opponents have a combined record of 53-62.
- Centerville's first 11 opponents have a combined record of 54-62.
- Garrison's 17-14 win vs. New Diana in the first round marked only the second time the Bulldogs have won by single digits this season. The first was a 17-10 win vs. Class A power Tenaha on Sept. 6.
- Centerville's lone loss was 27-7 Oct. 4 at Crawford, which is undefeated at 11-0.
Did you know? After beating Garrison 34-7 last year, Centerville lost 28-27 in overtime to Hughes Springs to end the season with an 11-1 record. ... Centerville is 29-5 since the start of the 2011 season. ... This is the fifth consecutive season that Garrison has reached at least the second round of the playoffs. ... Since 2009, Garrison is 54-10 overall. The Bulldogs went 25-3 in back-to-back years in Class A in 2010-11, but have maintained a strong a 29-7 record in their three years in Class 2A in that span (2009, 2012-13).