Georgia State The Latest to Offer Nacogdoches’ Jaylon Lane
The most popular East Texas recruit in the 2015 class received yet another offer on Monday afternoon when Georgia State made Nacogdoches cornerback Jaylon Lane a target, the Dragons playmaker announced on Twitter.
Lane (6-2, 185) now has 21 Division I FBS offers, which ties him with Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack and Texas A&M commit for the most in the area. It’s the first offer of the week for Lane, which racked up 12 invitations from major college programs last week.
Georgia State became the fourth program from the Sun Belt Conference to offer Lane, who also holds offers from Arkansas State, South Alabama and Texas State. The Panthers could use the services of Lane after they suffered through an 0-12 season in 2013.
With the latest offer, 43 unique programs have offered the 16 East Texas recruits in the 2015 class. Of Lane’s 21 offers, only three have come from the state of Texas — Houston, Texas A&M and Texas State. In all, 15 different states are represented in Lane’s offers.
Lane is a tall, physical cornerback who could translate into a safety at the next level. He spent the last two seasons at Central High School in San Angelo before transferring back to his native Nacogdoches a few months ago.
As a junior, Lane had five interceptions, 46 tackles and averaged almost 46 yards on five kickoff returns, which included a 108-yarder for a touchdown. He will join forces with Dragons 2016 safety Brandon Jones to comprise what figures to be among East Texas’ best secondaries this fall.
Jones, who had a breakout sophomore season with 95 tackles, five interceptions, one defensive touchdowns and two special teams returns for scores, has 10 offers himself. He and Lane share common offers from LSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Washington State.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – committed to Louisiana Tech (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Houston, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-10, 175 — offer from Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 185 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Boise State, Georgia State, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Texas State, Utah State, Washington State (21)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston (2)
- Samuel Miller, TE/DE, Canton, 6-3, 220 – offer from UTSA (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)