Girls Basketball Games to Watch: A Fight For the Playoffs in 12-5A + Sorting the Mess in 16-4A
One game separates Longview and Tyler Lee in battle for the fourth and final playoff spot from District 12-5A.
Needless to say, Tuesday's battle between the Lady Lobos (16-11, 4-5) and Lady Raiders (13-17, 3-6) in Tyler is a big one.
Longview won the first meeting between the two, 60-57 back on Jan. 5.
Meanwhile, all three games in District 16-4A Tuesday are crucial in sorting out the playoff scenario with three games to go.
No. 18 Lindale (22-5, 6-1), which suffered its first district loss last Friday to John Tyler, looks to rebound at home against Jacksonville (16-14, 3-4). The Maidens got a big win over Whitehouse on Friday, pushing them to sole possession of fourth place.
Nacogdoches (20-10, 5-2), a big winner over Corsicana on Friday, is lurking behind district-leading Lindale and travels to John Tyler. Meanwhile, Whitehouse (12-11, 2-5) has a chance to get back in the playoff chase with a win at last-place Corsicana (15-15, 1-6).
There is currently a three-way tie for the third and final playoff from 16-3A, and Spring Hill (13-16, 5-4) can take a big step toward staking a postseason claim when it hosts second-place Chapel Hill (18-9, 6-3). Spring Hill won the first meeting, 54-50.
Other girls basketball games Tuesday involving ranked teams ...
- No. 13 Pittsburg at Paris North Lamar
- Pleasant Grove at No. 16 Liberty-Eylau
- No. 22 Mineola at Canton
- No. 6 Crockett at Garrison
- No. 20 Tatum at Waskom
- Quitman at No. 21 Winnsboro
- No. 22 Alba-Golden at Commerce
Class A Division I
- No. 1 Martin's Mill at LaPoynor
- Timpson at No. 2 Martinsville (Monday)
- No. 8 Slocum at Normangee
- No. 13 Zavalla at San Augustine
Class A Division II
- Bloomburg at No. 1 Saltillo
- No. 14 Kennard at No. 15 Chireno
- Dallas Parish Episcopal at No. 2 Tyler T.K. Gorman