Girls Basketball Games to Watch: A Lot Still to Be Decided in 16-3A + 16-4A
At the moment, there's only one certainty in District 16-3A: the Bullard Lady Panthers are bound for the playoffs.
Everything else's is a mystery.
Entering Friday night's action, four teams -- Chapel Hill, Gilmer, Spring Hill and Kilgore -- are all even in the loss column.
Gilmer (18-11, 6-4) is off on Friday, while Spring Hill (14-16, 6-4) and Kilgore (5-4 in district) are favored against Henderson and Gladewater, respectively.
Chapel Hill (18-10, 6-4) has a tall order, however, facing district-leading Bullard (21-9, 9-1). However, a Lady Bulldogs win would go a long way in improving Chapel Hill's playoff outlook.
There's also a crucial matchup in 15-3A between Brownsboro (16-11, 4-4) and Canton (13-15, 3-5). The Bearettes are currently a game up on Canton for the third and final postseason spot.
In 14-4A, Hallsville (10-16, 2-6) can forge a tie with Pine Tree (14-11, 3-5) for fourth place in the league standings with a win over the Lady Pirates in Longview.
Meanwhile in 16-4A, Whitehouse (13-11, 3-5) and Jacksonville (16-15, 3-5) are tied for the fourth and final postseason spot from the district. The LadyCats host second-place John Tyler (20-10, 5-3), while Jacksonville plays host to last-place Corsicana (15-16, 1-7).
Other girls basketball games Friday involving ranked teams ...
- No. 18 Lindale at Nacogdoches
- Paris at No. 13 Pittsburg
- No. 16 Liberty-Eylau at Paris North Lamar
- Athens at No. 22 Mineola
- Palestine Westwood at No. 6 Crockett
- White Oak at No. 20 Tatum
- Grand Saline at No. 22 Alba-Golden
Class A Division I
- Big Sandy at No. 1 Martin's Mill
- No. 2 Martinsville at Tenaha
- Jewett Leon at No. 8 Slocum
- No. 13 Zavalla at Broaddus
Class A Division II
- Avinger at No. 1 Saltillo
- Groveton Centerville at No. 14 Kennard
- No. 2 Tyler T.K. Gorman at Tyler All Saints