Harmony’s Tim McCoy to Visit Incarnate Word this Weekend
Harmony two-way standout Tim McCoy has hit the road today for a weekend official visit to a Division I FCS program.
McCoy told ETSN.fm on Thursday night that he's visiting University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio. This past summer, UIW moved up from Division II to D-I FCS competition, where the Cardinals compete in the Southland Conference with SFA, Sam Houston State, Lamar, Northwestern State, and others.
McCoy is a popular target among FCS programs. In addition to his UIW offer, North Dakota and Penn have also offered him.
The 6-foot, 195-pound defensive back played a significant role on both sides of the ball for Harmony in 2013. He caught 14 passes for a team-high 381 yards and team-leading five touchdowns.
Defensively, McCoy led Harmony with 107 tackles, plus four for loss, two forced fumbles, and three pass breakups.
McCoy is one of several East Texas seniors taking official visits this weekend (see a list below). White Oak tight end Hayden Nichols visited Tyler Junior College during the week and received an offer.
East Texans on Official Visits this Weekend
- Terian "Tee" Goree, Sr., WR, Carthage -- visiting North Texas (committed to North Texas)
- Willy Ivery, Sr., ATH, Sulphur Springs -- visiting North Texas (committed to North Texas)
- Tim McCoy, Sr., DB, Harmony -- visiting Incarnate Word
- Coleman Patterson, Sr., WR, Whitehouse -- visiting Southern Illinois
- Dez Randle, Sr., WR, San Augustine -- visiting Trinity Valley Community College