Henderson Receiver Trestan Ebner Offered By Houston
Houston moved in on its fifth East Texas football player Thursday morning.
Tom Herman's program extended Trestan Ebner a college football scholarship opportunity. The Henderson receiver first announced the news through his personal Twitter account.
Ebner (5-11, 180) now has 11 offers in total, which is tied for the second largest number of invitations among the 17 local players in the 2017 class with at least one FBS invitation.
Hooks athlete Montrell Estell and John Tyler quarterback Bryson Smith have 12 invitations apiece while Ebner and Bullard tight end Major Tennison have 11 offers each.
Ebner helped Henderson to a 7-3 finish in 2015. The Lions missed the playoffs despite tying for fourth place in District 9-4A Division I, but they ended the regular season with a 30-10 win over the league’s first-place finisher, Kilgore.
Houston exploded onto the national scene this past season under Herman in his first season as the program's leader. The team went 12-1 during the regular season with an American Athletic Conference championship game victory and then defeated Florida State in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl to finish the campaign ranked eighth in the last Associated Press poll.
In addition to Ebner, the Cougars are recruiting Smith, John Tyler defensive back Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler receiver Damion Miller and Bishop Gorman receiver Judah Bell.
Houston's 2016 roster will feature four former East Texas players in starting quarterback Greg Ward Jr. from John Tyler, starting linebacker Tyus Bowser from John Tyler, redshirt freshman receiver Terry Mark from Lufkin and true freshman defensive tackle Braylon Jones from John Tyler.
Ebner, like all high school football prospects currently in their junior year, will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Memphis, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, UTSA (10)
- Noah Bush, Athens, LB, 6-2, 225 — offer from Army (1)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Houston, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, TCU, Tulsa (11)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, SMU, Tulane, ULL (5)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (10)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Indiana, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM (6)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (8)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 6-0, 170 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, Purdue, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, UTSA (12)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (11)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, Ohio, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULM, UTSA (7)
- Traveion Webster, Longview, S, 6-0, 197 — offered by ULM (1)