Henderson’s Trestan Ebner Offered By UTSA
Henderson junior receiver Trestan Ebner is inching closer double-digit Division I FBS offers. The Lions' standout earned his eighth scholarship invitation on Tuesday.
Ebner (5-11, 180) announced via Twitter that he picked up an offer from UTSA.
In addition to the Roadrunners, Ebner holds offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, and Tulsa.
UTSA currently has five offers out to East Texans in the 2017 class -- Ebner, Tyler Bishop Gorman WR Judah Bell, John Tyler CB Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler QB/ATH Bryson Smith, and Nacogdoches CB Josh Thompson.
The Roadrunners, which begin their football program in 2011 as an FCS member, has been in the FBS since the 2012 season. UTSA competes in Conference USA, and is coming off a 3-9 campaign in 2015.
Larry Coker resigned as UTSA head coach in January, and was replaced by former LSU assistant Frank Wilson.
Ebner helped Henderson to a 7-3 finish in 2015. The team missed the playoffs despite tying for the final playoff berth out of District 9-4A Division I, but ended the regular season with a 30-10 win over the league’s first-place finisher, Kilgore.
Henderson will compete alongside Bullard, Carthage, Center, Chapel Hill, Kilgore and Palestine in 9-4A D-I this upcoming season.
Ebner, like all current junior prospects, can officially sign with the college of his choosing on Feb. 1, 2017.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Coastal Carolina, Houston, Kansas, Navy, North Texas, SMU, ULL, UTSA (9)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Illinois, North Texas, SMU, Syracuse, UTSA, Tulsa (8)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR/DB, 6-2, 180 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (12)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from Army, Colorado, SMU, Tulane, ULL (5)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, ULL, ULM (5)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Houston, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, ULL, ULM, UTSA (7)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, ULM, UTSA (10)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (11)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by Louisiana Tech, Ohio, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, UTSA (6)