Henderson’s Zane Boles Is The ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player Of The Week
After a one-year hiatus from the playoffs, the Henderson Lions have come back in a big way. Henderson captured its first district title since 2000, and is playing for a regional title this weekend.
And Lions senior quarterback Zane Boles has been the primary catalyst.
Boles accounted for six touchdowns in Henderson's 60-43 regional semifinal playoff win over Jasper last Saturday in Lufkin. For his efforts, Boles is the ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week, following in the footsteps of Waskom's Junebug Johnson, who earned the honor a week ago.
In the shootout playoff win, Boles (6-5, 210) completed 8 of 10 passes for 208 yards and three touchdowns, while running for a team-high 110 yards and three touchdowns on 21 carries.
Boles' scoring runs covered 2, 12 and 3 yards, while all three of his touchdown passes went to Trestan Ebner from 53, 1 and 39 yards out. Ebner finished with six catches for 151 yards.
Henderson (11-2) will have perhaps its biggest challenge of the season Saturday against top-ranked and unbeaten Navasota (13-0) in the Class 4A Division I Region III final. Kickoff is set for 2 p.m. from Lufkin's Abe Martin Stadium.
ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Players of the Week
- Week 14 (Nov. 27-29): Zane Boles, QB, Henderson
- Week 13 (Nov. 20-22): Junebug Johnson, RB, Waskom
- Week 12 (Nov. 13-15): Jeremiah Crawford, QB, Mineola
- Week 11 (Nov. 6-8): Marcalas Johnson, RB, Arp
- Week 10 (Oct. 30-Nov. 1): Cobe Caraway, RB, Tenaha
- Week 9 (Oct. 23-25): Jarod Blissett, QB, Carthage
- Week 8 (Oct. 16-18): Larry Pryor, QB, Sulphur Springs
- Week 7 (Oct. 9-11): Marcus Dowell, RB, Malakoff
- Week 6 (Oct. 2-4): Justin Hart, QB, Marshall
- Week 5 (Sept. 25-27): Keenen Johnson, QB, Alto
- Week 4 (Sept. 18-20): Zach Hall, QB, Tyler Lee
- Week 3 (Sept. 11-13): Michael Goodwin, QB, Tyler Bishop Gorman
- Week 2 (Sept. 4-6): Chandler Eiland, QB, Canton
- Week 1 (Aug. 28-30): Grant Hanks, QB, Bullard Brook Hill