Hooks’ Jordan Johnson Commits to Air Force
With his junior year of high school nearing its conclusion, Hooks ATH Jordan Johnson has made his college decision.
Johnson (6-0, 195) verbally committed to Air Force, he tweeted on Tuesday night.
The Hooks standout became the fifth East Texan in the 2017 class to offer up an oral pledge, joining Liberty-Eylau DE Lagaryonn Carson (Texas), Henderson WR Trestan Ebner (SMU), John Tyler WR Damion Miller (Texas), and Bullard TE Major Tennison (Texas).
Johnson received his offer from Air Force on Feb. 25.
Last season, Johnson starred at both quarterback and outside linebacker for the Hornets, which finished 9-2 and advanced to the Class 3A Division II playoffs.
He passed for 980 yards and 10 touchdowns, while rushing for 975 additional yards and 12 TDs on his way to earning District 7-3A Division II Offensive MVP honors. Defensively, Johnson racked up 119 tackles with three sacks and two fumble recoveries.
Air Force is a member of the Mountain West Conference. Coached by Troy Calhoun, the Falcons were 8-6 in 2015 and dropped a 55-36 decision to Cal in the Armed Forces Bowl on Dec. 29.
Johnson, like all 2017 recruits, will have until Feb. 1 to make their college decisions official.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Judah Bell, Tyler Bishop Gorman, WR, 6-3, 180 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, Kansas, Navy, SMU, ULL, UTSA (7)
- Lagaryonn Carson, Liberty-Eylau, DE, 6-4, 261 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, Henderson, WR, 5-11, 180 — committed to SMU; additional offers from Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas (4)
- Montrell Estell, Hooks, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Kansas, Notre Dame, SMU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulane (11)
- Octavius Evans, Center, WR, 6-2, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas State, ULL (6)
- Jordan Johnson, Hooks, ATH, 6-0, 195 — committed to Air Force (1)
- Kayce Medlock, Arp, ATH, 5-9, 186 — offers from SMU, Tulane, ULL (3)
- Damion Miller, John Tyler, WR, 6-1, 189 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, North Texas, Oklahoma State; Ole Miss; SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- LaMarcus Morton, Gilmer, WR, 6-2, 175 — offer from Arkansas State, Tulsa, ULL, ULM (4)
- Javontavius Mosley, John Tyler, CB, 6-1, 170 — offers from Houston, SMU, Texas State, ULL, UTSA (5)
- Dhailon Phillips, Lufkin, WR, 6-3, 195 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Kordell Rodgers, Lufkin, QB/ATH, 5-10, 165 — offer from Texas State (1)
- Bryson Smith, John Tyler, QB/ATH, 5-11, 160 — offers from Bowling Green, Houston, New Mexico, North Texas, SMU, Texas State, Tulane, ULL, UTSA (9)
- Major Tennison, Bullard, TE, 6-6, 248 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas Tech (9)
- Josh Thompson, Nacogdoches, CB, 6-0, 180 — offered by SMU (1)