Houston Has Offered Lufkin Receiver Terry Mark
A Lufkin junior with an older sibling who already dons Houston’s red and white is also a Cougar target himself.
The Lufkin coaching staff confirmed Thursday morning that 2015 receiver Terry Mark has already been offered by Houston.
The 6-foot-1, 180-pounder is primed for a big junior year after missing the entire 2012 season with an injury. Mark is the younger brother of former Lufkin standout and current Houston defensive tackle Tomme Mark. The 6-foot-3, 288-pounder had 14 tackles and one fumble recovery in 10 games, including two starts, as a freshman in 2012.
Terry Mark will be a part of what should be an extremely potent receiving corps along with senior Texas A&M commit Jamal Jeffery and junior Texas pledge KeKe Coutee. That duo combined on 100 catches for 1,561 yards and 19 touchdown grabs in 2012, when SMU signee JaBryce Taylor led the team with 87 grabs for 1,628 yards and 16 scores.
Mark, Coutee, and Jeffery should help new Lufkin quarterback Trey Cumbie acclimate himself to the starting job. Cumbie and the Panthers didn’t lose in 7-on-7 all summer until the quarterfinals of the Division I state tournament July 13, a sign that the Pack’s new passing attack could be as formidable as last year, when it helped Lufkin finish 9-4 and produced almost 3,600 passing yards from Texas A&M baseball signee Tyler Stubblefield.
Mark is the 10th player in East Texas’ 2015 class to receive an FBS offer and the second to receive a Houston offer. The Cougars offered Longview running back JaMycal Hasty on July 26.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 175 — offers from Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (4)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offer from North Texas (1)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (6)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offers from Baylor, Houston, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (6)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — offers from Baylor, Mississippi State (2)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (13)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (7)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas; additional offer from TCU (2)