Huntington’s Jeremiah Robertson is the ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week
It was the quite the night last Friday in Huntington. At the end of it, the Red Devils were celebrating their first district win since 2007, a losing streak that had spanned 34 games.
Senior running back Jeremiah Robertson made quite sure of that.
Robertson (5-10, 190), whose been one of East Texas' most prolific rushers in 2015, ran for a season-best 421 yards and all six touchdowns of Huntington's 42-28 victory over Madisonville.
And for his efforts, he is the ETSN.fm/Dairy Queen Offensive Player of the Week. Robertson follows in the footsteps of last week's winner, Nick Ballard of West Rusk.
Huntington (3-4, 1-1 in District 8-4A Division II), which also reached three wins in a season for the first time since 1999 with Friday's outcome, had not tasted victory in district since a 32-6 defeat of Rusk on Oct. 26, 2007.
But Robertson helped leave all of that in the past. He carried the ball 30 times for an average of more than 14 yards per attempt, and added an 80-yard kickoff return for good measure.
Robertson brought his season rushing total to 1,389 yards and 15 touchdowns, leading into the Red Devils' pivotal game Friday at Diboll (5-2, 1-1).
ETSN.fm + Dairy Queen Offensive Players of the Week
- Oct. 15-17: Jeremiah Robertson, RB, Huntington
- Oct. 8-10: Nick Ballard, RB, West Rusk
- Oct. 1-3: Chance Amie, QB, Tyler Lee
- Sept. 24-26: Judah Bell, WR, Tyler Bishop Gorman
- Sept. 17-19: Cam Haller, RB, Marshall
- Sept. 10-12: Ke'Mon Freeman, QB, Liberty-Eylau
- Sept. 3-5: Kordell Rodgers, QB, Lufkin
- Aug. 27-29: Keenen Johnson, QB, Alto