John Tyler Wide Receiver Damion Miller Commits to Texas
One of East Texas' most sought-after 2017 recruits is headed to the Forty Acres.
Two weeks after being offered, John Tyler wide receiver Damion Miller has committed to The University of Texas. It was reported by the John Tyler football Twitter account.
Miller led JT in touchdown catches with eight as a sophomore. He finished the 2014 season with 26 receptions for 614 yards (23.6 yards per catch).
Miller garnered a lot of interest after a strong showing at last month's ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine at APEC. He finished in the top 10 in the 40-yard dash, broad jump and max vertical tests, and made several incredible catches during one-on-one drills.
He also had offers from Houston, Kansas, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.
2017 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Lagaryonn Carson, DE, Liberty-Eylau, 6-5, 261 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, North Texas, Oklahoma, SMU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M (9)
- Trestan Ebner, WR/S, Henderson, 5-11, 180 – offers from Kansas, SMU (2)
- Montrell Estell, WR/S, Hooks, 6-2, 180 — offers from Kansas, Texas Tech (2)
- Octavius Evans, WR, Center, 6-1, 186 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Texas Tech (2)
- Damion Miller, WR, John Tyler, 6-2, 205 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Houston, Kansas, Oklahoma State, SMU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Major Tennison, TE, Bullard, 6-4, 220 — offer from Texas Tech (1)