John Tyler’s Tre Allison Offered By Louisiana Tech
The fifth Division I FBS scholarship offer and second in as many days arrived for John Tyler 2018 linebacker Tre Allison on Monday evening.
The John Tyler football program’s official Twitter account reported that Louisiana Tech became the latest school to offer Allison.
— JT LionsFootball (@JTHSFootball) April 4, 2017
Allison (6-0, 200), who has already committed to SMU, was offered by Arkansas State on Sunday and has additional offers from Louisiana-Lafayette, and Mississippi State
The Lions defender helped his team to an 11-2 record this past season and reached the Class 6A Division II regional semifinals. Allison finished with a team-best 118 tackles and two sacks, three interceptions, two forced fumbles and one recovery.
Allison is the third East Texas recruit in the 2018 class to be targeted by Louisiana Tech, joining Marshall offensive lineman and LSU commit Chasen Hines and Texas High receiver Tevailance Hunt.
Louisiana Tech, a member of Conference USA, is coached by Skip Holtz. The Bulldogs were 9-5 overall (6-2 in conference) in 2016 and earned a thrilling 48-45 win over North Texas in the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth on Dec. 23.
The Bulldogs signed two East Texas athletes back in February in Atlanta linebacker Tristan Allen and Gilmer safety Kollin Hurt. Louisiana Tech also added former Tyler Lee linebacker Brandon Durman as part of its 2015 signing class.
Like all college football prospects currently in their junior year of high school, Allison will become eligible to sign with any school that offers him in February.
2018 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Tre Allison, John Tyler, OLB, 6-0, 200 — committed to SMU; additional offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, ULL (5)
- Chance Amie, Tyler Lee, QB, 6-3, 190 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Central Florida, Colorado State, Houston, Iowa State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Tulane, ULL, Virginia (12)
- Xavier Benson, Pleasant Grove, LB, 6-0, 200 — offers from Tulane, ULL (2)
- Dekalen Goodson, John Tyler, DE/OLB, 6-2, 215 — offers from Houston, Mississippi State, Texas State, ULL (4)
- Trae Hall, Henderson, QB/ATH, 6-3, 185 — offer from ULL (1)
- Conner Henson, Harmony, OL, 6-4, 250 — offer from ULL (1)
- Chasen Hines, Marshall, OL, 6-3, 340 — committed to LSU; additional offers from Arizona, Baylor, Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, North Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech (15)
- Tevailance Hunt, Texas High, WR, 6-2, 180 — offers from Arkansas State, Bowling Green, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, Marshall University, Nevada, North Texas, Southern Miss, Tulsa (10)
- Keaontay Ingram, Carthage, RB, 6-0, 198 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, LSU, Memphis, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UCLA, UTSA (23)
- Malik Jackson, Lufkin, WR, 5-8, 165 — offer from Arkansas State (1)
- DeMarvion Overshown, Arp, ATH, 6-4, 196 — offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas, LSU, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, South Carolina, Southern Miss, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, UTSA (27)
- Tyree Wilson, West Rusk, LB, 6-5, 225 — committed to Washington State; additional offer from ULL (2)