Kilgore Running Back Kevrin Justice Commits to Houston
Six weeks after receiving an offer from Houston, Kilgore 2015 running back Kevrin Justice has committed to the Cougars, ETSN.fm confirmed late Wednesday afternoon.
The commitment was first reported by Joseph Duarte of the Houston Chronicle. Justice's pledge to Houston is being considered a "soft verbal," meaning the Bulldogs back may still keep his options open as his recruitment develops in the coming months.
Houston is Justice's only offer to date, but that could change with summer camp season heating up in May and June.
Justice (5-11, 180) is the seventh East Texas recruit in the 2015 class to commit.
Texas A&M has three pledges -- Whitehouse safety Justin Dunning, Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack and Sulphur Springs safety Larry Pryor. Two players form the area are committed to Baylor in Longview running back JaMycal Hasty and Troup quarterback/athlete Blake Lynch, and Tyler Lee linebacker Brandon Durman has offered his verbal commitment to Louisiana Tech.
Justice was instrumental in leading Kilgore to the Class 3A Division I state championship game last December. He finished 2013 with a team-leading 1,966 yards and 36 touchdowns, including a 94-yard, two-touchdown effort in Kilgore's 34-23 loss to Carthage in the title game.
Kilgore may lean on Justice even more this fall after the graduation of running back Davieonta "JuJu" Brown, who ran for 1,377 yards and 19 touchdowns as a senior.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – committed to Louisiana Tech (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Houston, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-11, 180 — committed to Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 185 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Boise State, Georgia State, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Texas State, Utah State, Washington State (23)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston (2)
- Samuel Miller, TE/DE, Canton, 6-3, 220 – offer from UTSA (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)