Longview’s Broderick Washington Picks Up Offers From Arkansas State + Lamar
Coaches from both Arkansas State and Lamar were on hand for Longview's spring practice Monday afternoon, and both staffs came away impressed with one Lobos player in particular.
Broderick Washington (6-3, 285), a 2015 offensive lineman, received his first two offers when Arkansas State and Lamar pulled the trigger. Washington's teammate -- 2015 running back and Baylor commit JaMycal Hasty -- told ETSN.fm of the offers Monday night.
Washington's offer from Arkansas State represents the 19th East Texas recruit in the 2015 class to receive a Division I FBS offer. Arkansas State, which competes in the Sun Belt Conference, has also offered Nacogdoches cornerback Jaylon Lane and Lufkin offensive lineman Erik McCoy.
Arkansas State went 8-5 overall and 5-2 in conference play last season, earning a 23-20 win over Ball State in Godaddy Bowl. Lamar, a FCS member of the Southland Conference, was 5-7 overall and 2-5 in league action in 2013.
Longview, as always, should possess one of the best offensive lines in the area this fall. Aside from Washington, the Lobos O-line also figures to consist of Division I prospects Tim Clay (6-5, 360) and Qydarius Washington (6-0, 245), who will be charged with providing running lanes for Hasty.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – committed to Louisiana Tech (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (9)
- Jeff Gladney, ATH, New Boston, 6-0, 174 – offer from Northern Illinois, UTSA (2)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Houston, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-11, 180 — committed to Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 185 — offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Boise State, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia State, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Penn State, South Alabama, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Utah State, Wake Forest, Washington State (33)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston, Oklahoma State, ULL (4)
- Samuel Miller, TE/DE, Canton, 6-3, 220 – offer from UTSA (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Jackson Tyner, QB, Edgewood, 6-5, 220 – committed to Rice (1)
- Broderick Washington, OL, Longview, 6-3, 285 -- offer from Arkansas State (1)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)