LSU Becomes 17th Overall Offer + Ninth Since Monday For Nacogdoches’ Jaylon Lane
To say the recruitment of Nacogdoches 2015 cornerback Jaylon Lane has heated up in recent days would be a drastic understatement. In a week that's included back-to-back days of at least three offers, arguably the biggest of them all came in Thursday.
LSU became the 17th Division I FBS school to extended an offer Lane's way, the Dragons' defensive back tweeted from his personal account Thursday afternoon. Lane (6-2, 175) now has received more than half of his offers since Monday.
Lane was offered by Louisville on Monday and heard from Arkansas State, Utah State and Kentucky on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday, he picked up offers from four schools -- Mississippi State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma and Northern Illinois.
The 17 offers are the second-most for any East Texas player in the 2015 class, just four short of Gladewater defensive tackle and Texas A&M commit Daylon Mack.
Lane now has four offers from the SEC -- Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State and Ole Miss, to which he was briefly committed earlier this month.
LSU has offers out to five 2015 recruits in the area. In addition to Lane, the Tigers have made targets out of Texas A&M commits Justin Dunning of Whitehouse, Mack and Sulphur Springs' Larry Pryor and extended an offer to Newton defensive back Roney Elam.
Lane's high school teammate at Nacogdoches -- 2016 safety Brandon Jones -- has also been offered by LSU. The duo, which could be the most formidable secondary duo in all of East Texas, has common offers from LSU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Washington State.
Lane spent the past two seasons at Central High School in San Angelo where he recorded five interceptions, 46 tackles and averaged 48 yards on five kickoff returns as a junior.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – committed to Louisiana Tech (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offers from Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (8)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-10, 175 — offer from Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 175 — offers from Arkansas State, Boise State, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State, Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, South Alabama, Texas State, Utah State, Washington State (17)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offers from Arkansas State, Houston (2)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)