LSU Offers Gladewater’s Daylon Mack
The huge offers keep coming for Daylon Mack.
A day after Florida State offered Gladewater’s big-time defensive tackle, LSU became the 13th team to offer the 6-foot-1, 311-pound junior.
Mack, who visited TCU on Friday, confirmed the offer with ETSN.fm at 5:20 p.m. Friday. ESPN.com first reported the offer.
LSU is the fourth school to offer Mack since July 8, when Miami offered him. Then came a Clemson offer two days later before Thursday’s Florida State offer.
LSU is also the fourth SEC West program to offer Mack, who holds offers from Alabama, Arkansas, and Texas A&M. Baylor, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, and Texas Tech have also offered Mack.
Mack’s impressive sophomore season caught the attention of recruiters nationwide. He recorded 64 tackles, 16 for loss, six sacks, and six fumble recoveries and was named ETSN.fm East Texas Super Team Defensive Newcomer of the Year.
He’s also performed well at camps and combines, including the May 19 ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine at APEC training facility, where he measured 6-2 1/2, 310 pounds in shoes and ran a laser-timed 4.84-second 40-yard dash. He also bench pressed 225 pounds 21 times en route to overall Defensive MVP honors and Defensive Line MVP recognition.
Despite its proximity to East Texas, LSU has not signed an East Texan since Carthage’s Jason Teague in 2006. Teague wound up going to Tyler Junior College before starting two years at cornerback at TCU, where he played on the 2010 Horned Frogs’ undefeated Rose Bowl championship squad.
But prior to that, LSU scored big with the signings of offensive tackle Ciron Black (2005) and quarterback Matt Flynn (2003), both from Tyler Lee. Flynn and Black were starters who helped LSU to the 2007 national championship.
LSU also signed Tenaha’s Darius Ingram in 2003, but like Teague, he ultimately wound up at TCU.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 175 — offers from TCU, Texas (2)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offer from North Texas (1)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Oklahoma, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — offers from Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (6)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offers from Baylor, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (4)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — offers from Baylor, Mississippi State (2)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (13)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (7)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas; additional offer from TCU (2)