LSU Offers Texas A&M Commit Justin Dunning of Whitehouse
The healing process for Whitehouse’s Justin Dunning is nearing completion, and the recruiting is beginning to heat up as well for the 2015 Texas A&M commit.
Dunning received his second offer in the span of a little more than a week when LSU extended an offer, Dunning announced via Twitter on Wednesday afternoon.
The 6-4, 200-pound free safety, who suffered a season-ending torn ACL in Whitehouse’s 42-34 win over Chapel Hill early last September, now as 11 offers overall and three from the SEC — A&M, LSU and Vanderbilt. The Pac-12’s Arizona State offered Dunning on Tuesday of last week.
Dunning is the fourth East Texas recruit in the 2015 class with an LSU offer, joining Newton’s Roney Elam and fellow Texas A&M pledges Daylon Mack of Gladewater and Larry Pryor of Sulphur Springs. All four are expected to man the defensive backfield at the next level.
Before suffering the knee injury, Dunning exploded onto the scene after a standout performance at the ETSN combine at APEC training facility in Tyler last May.
Dunning, who took home Defensive Back MVP at the event that featured 100 of the region’s top recruits in the 2014 and 2015 classes, ran a laser-timed 4.41 40-yard dash — the third fastest time in the building. He also had the fastest 20-yard split (2.49), second-quickest 10-yard burst (1.42), the top vertical jump (40.4 inches) and third-best broad jump (124 inches).
As a sophomore, Dunning finished with 61 tackles and a team-leading five interceptions in 2012.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 — offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key’Vantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (11)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 – offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- Roney Elam, CB/S, Newton, 6-2, 175 — offers from Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi State, Texas Tech (5)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 — offers from Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Kevrin Justice, RB, Kilgore, 5-10, 175 — offer from Houston (1)
- Jaylon Lane, CB, Nacogdoches, 6-2, 175 — offers from Louisiana Tech, South Alabama (2)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 – committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (21)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 — offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 — offer from Houston (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 — offer from SMU (1)