Mineola’s Austin + Riley Anderson Pick Up Offers From Ole Miss + Mississippi State
Mineola twin offensive linemen Austin and Riley Anderson have eclipsed the 20-offer plateau after both Ole Miss and Mississippi State extended invitations to both siblings Tuesday night, according to the Yellowjackets standouts' Twitter accounts.
Austin Anderson (6-4, 289) and Riley Anderson (6-5, 287) each have 21 Division I FBS offers now, and trail only Nacogdoches' Brandon Jones for the most scholarship opportunities among East Texas' 2016 prospects.
Ole Miss and Mississippi State became the third and fourth schools from the SEC to offer the Andersons, joining Missouri and Vanderbilt. In all, Austin and Riley Anderson are targets of 12 schools in the Power 5 conferences -- ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12, and SEC.
The Rebels, coached by Hugh Freeze, were in the mix for the inaugural College Football Playoff for most of the 2014 season. Ole Miss, which ascended into the top four in the weekly rankings after upsetting top-ranked Alabama, ultimately finished last season at 9-4 with a 42-3 loss to TCU in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on Dec. 31.
Mississippi State was also a factor in the College Football Playoff last season, at one point checking in at No. 1 in the weekly rankings. The Bulldogs, coached by Dan Mullen, finished last season with a record of 10-3, ending with a 49-34 loss to Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Dec. 31.
The twins will return to Mineola for their senior campaign before becoming eligible to sign with any program that offers them on Feb. 3, 2016.
Mineola reached the Class 3A Division I championship game last season. It returns all of its offensive backfield, key pieces of a strong secondary and the majority of its offensive line aside from the brothers.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (21)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (20)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (37)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Missouri, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-4, 185 — offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas, SMU (3)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offer from Kansas (1)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech (2)