Mississippi State Becomes First School to Offer Troup Quarterback Blake Lynch
Numerous Division I FBS programs have been on Blake Lynch’s trail during the past couple of months. One of the first to show interest became the first to offer.
Mississippi State offered Lynch on Wednesday night, Lynch told ETSN.fm.
Lynch is one of East Texas’ top prospects in the 2015 class. He measured 6-foot-4 1/4, 192.8 pounds in shoes at Sunday’s ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine at APEC training facility in Tyler.
Lynch totaled about 1,500 total yards of offense in 2012, when Troup finished 9-2 with a Class 2A Division I Region III first-round playoff appearance. Mississippi State and Texas Tech were the first major programs to show interest in Lynch, along with Alabama, which also invited him to a junior day.
While it appears Mississippi State and Texas Tech want Lynch to play quarterback, receiver and safety are also spots that other schools have shown interest in Lynch. He won the quarterbacks MVP award at Sunday’s ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine largely because of how well he tested. He ran a 4.51-second 40-yard dash and bench pressed 185 pounds 16 times, all while battling a stomach illness.
Lynch is the centerpiece of what could be a strong Troup offense in 2013. Classmate Marcus Kincade is back at tailback, while 2015 running back D’Luis West told ETSN.fm on Wednesday that he will play for the Tigers this fall. West carried 75 times for 407 yards and two touchdowns playing for TAPPS Class 4A program Bullard Brook Hill in 2012.
Senior-to-be offensive lineman Tristen Walsworth will anchor the line paving away for the aforementioned trio. Walsworth was 6-foot 1/2, 255.0 pounds in shoes at the ETSN.fm Football Recruiting Combine, where he benched 225 pounds 20 times — tied for second among 14 offensive linemen — and ran a 4.94-second 40, which was third among offensive linemen.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- KeyVantanie “KeKe” Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 170 — offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-3, 196 — offer from Texas Tech (1)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 184 — offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 — offer from Mississippi State (1)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-2, 297 — offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, SMU, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 — offer from Arkansas, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, (5)
- Johnny Shaw, S, Center, 6-1, 187 — committed to TCU (1)