Mississippi State Offers Frankston’s Kendrick Rogers
Kendrick Rogers received his biggest offer to date Friday as the 2016 Frankston receiver picked up a Division I FBS scholarship opportunity from Mississippi State.
Frankston head coach Matt Nally tweeted of the offer, Rogers' first from a Power 5 conference, Friday afternoon.
Rogers (6-6, 207) now has four offers having previously been made a target by Louisiana Tech, North Texas, and SMU.
Mississippi State, coached by Dan Mullen, enjoyed one of its best seasons in school history in 2014. The Bulldogs spent time ranked No. 1 in the weekly College Football Playoff weekly rankings, and finished the year with a 10-3 record, losing to Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl, 49-34.
Rogers became the fourth player in the East Texas 2016 recruiting class to receive an offer from Mississippi State, joining Mineola offensive linemen Austin and Riley Anderson, and Nacogdoches safety Brandon Jones.
The Frankston standout enjoyed a solid junior campaign. Rogers ranked fifth in East Texas with 57 receptions and caught for a region fifth-best 1,045 yards.
Frankston only played 10 games last season. It did not qualify for the playoffs out of a District 8-3A Division II headlined by state champion Waskom.
Rogers will become eligible to sign with any program that offers him in February.
2016 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Austin Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-4, 289 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (26)
- Riley Anderson, OL, Mineola, 6-5, 287 – offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Illinois, Kansas State, Louisiana Tech, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Texas, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Texas, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas State, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Vanderbilt (26)
- Demarco Boyd, RB/LB, Gilmer, 6-0, 215 — committed to Texas; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Texas A&M (4)
- Zach Hall, ATH, Tyler Lee, 5-11, 170 – offer from Texas Tech (1)
- Travon Fuller, CB, Athens, 6-0, 160 — committed to Texas A&M (1)
- Keenen Johnson, ATH, Alto, 6-1, 190 – offer from SMU (1)
- Brandon Jones, S, Nacogdoches, 6-0, 190 — offers from Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Baylor, Boise State, California, Florida State, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCLA, USC, Washington State (38)
- Braylon Jones, DT, John Tyler, 6-3, 285 – offers from Air Force, Army, Houston, Navy (4)
- Bronson Massie, DE/LB, Lufkin 6-3, 202 – offers from California, Colorado State, Louisiana Tech, Texas State (4)
- Cody Mitchell, TE, Jasper, 6-5, 225 — offers from Missouri, Texas State (2)
- Kendrick Rogers, WR, Frankston, 6-6, 207 — offers from Louisiana Tech, Mississippi State, North Texas, SMU (4)
- Aphonso Thomas, RB, Van, 6-0, 190 — offers from Colorado State, Kansas (2)
- Andre Wiley Jr., OLB, Liberty-Eylau, 5-10, 170 – offers from Arkansas State, Louisiana Tech (2)