Missouri Offers Gilmer’s Kris Boyd
Kris Boyd's ninth offer arrived Wednesday night in the form of another SEC program.
Gilmer's junior two-way standout reported via Twitter that Missouri offered him, making the Tigers the third SEC program to offer him.
*** THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE (6:00 p.m.): InsideTexas.com reported that Boyd picked up his 10th offer from reigning national champion Florida State. ***
The 6-foot, 180-pounder now holds offers from Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Mizzou from the SEC. His seven other offers include five Big 12 programs, one Pac-12 school, and one ACC school: Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, and Texas Tech.
In the last three weeks, Boyd has picked up the Cal, Mississippi State, Mizzou, and Florida State offers. While he's given Gilmer a serious backfield threat for the last two years and will again this coming fall, Boyd is expected to move to defense full-time in college and play cornerback.
Boyd finished the 2013 season with 1,191 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns on the ground, averaging 10.5 yards per carry. He was also dangerous catching the ball out of the backfield, grabbing 22 passes for 333 yards and four touchdowns. Defensively, he collected 26 tackles, two forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery. As a sophomore in 2012, Boyd had 1,276 rushing yards and 19 touchdowns, while catching 20 passes for 226 yards and two scores. He added 18 tackles, one forced fumble, and three pass breakups from his spot in the secondary.
Boyd is the first player in East Texas' 2015 class with a Mizzou offer. The Tigers have long been known to hit Texas hard in recruiting and that has not changed despite a move from the Big 12 to the SEC. Former Gilmer standout Braylon Webb started at safety this past fall for the Tigers, who went 12-2, played in the SEC championship game, and won the Cotton Bowl.
Florida State has offered three players in the 2015 East Texas class: Boyd, Whitehouse safety Justin Dunning, and Gladewater defensive tackle Daylon Mack. Dunning and Mack are committed to Texas A&M, which has yet to offer Boyd, but is expected to at some point.
2015 East Texas Football Players With Division I FBS Offers
- Kris Boyd, ATH, Gilmer, 6-0, 180 -- offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Cal, Florida State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Nate Brooks, DB, Whitehouse, 6-0, 150 -- offers from Louisiana Tech, North Texas (2)
- Key'Vantanie "KeKe" Coutee, ATH, Lufkin, 5-10, 160 -- offers from Oklahoma, Texas, Texas Tech (3)
- Justin Dunning, WR/S, Whitehouse, 6-4, 200 -- committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Baylor, Florida State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt (9)
- Brandon Durman, LB, Tyler Lee, 6-2, 210 -- offer from Louisiana Tech (1)
- JaMycal Hasty, RB, Longview, 5-9, 181 -- offers from Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech (7)
- Blake Lynch, QB/ATH, Troup, 6-3, 193 -- committed to Baylor; additional offers from Clemson, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, TCU (6)
- Daylon Mack, DT, Gladewater, 6-1, 311 -- committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, USC (20)
- Terry Mark, WR, Lufkin, 6-1, 180 -- offer from Houston (1)
- Erik McCoy, OL, Lufkin, 6-4, 297 -- offer from Houston (1)
- Larry Pryor, S, Sulphur Springs, 6-1, 185 -- committed to Texas A&M; additional offers from Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech (10)
- Matthew Weeks, OT, Tyler Lee, 6-5, 260 -- offer from SMU (1)